Establishing a Named Fund is a wonderful way to contribute to a JFCS program that is especially meaningful to you, to memorialize loved ones, or to commemorate a special occasion. A minimum gift of $2,500 ensures that your Fund will have the ability to help those in need in our community, now and in the future.
Your benefits include:
- An income tax deduction (and avoidance of capital gain taxes on gifts of appreciated stock)
- Receipt of an annual narrative and financial report, describing your Fund’s investment performance and those helped during the year through its income distribution
- The opportunity to add a customized Legacy of Loving Kindness page about your Fund to JFCS’ website and/or to have announcements about the creation of your Fund sent to family and friends
- With a major gift you also have the opportunity to endow a JFCS program or chair of special importance to you
- A supporting foundation affiliated with JFCS offers tax incentives to existing private foundations that choose this option
With a gift of $10,000 or more (which may be paid over four years) you join JFCS’ Carob Tree Society and earn a match of $3,600, thus increasing the good that your Fund can accomplish in our community.
As with all important financial decisions, you may want to consult legal and financial professionals for advice.