JFCS offers internships during the school year and summer to qualified 10th, 11th, and 12th graders. Our internship programs are a great opportunity for high school students to gain valuable experience. Teens are placed within one of JFCS’ 40 programs or with businesses and organizations throughout the communities we serve.
The internship programs enhance teens’ understanding of the skills and experiences needed to achieve academic and career goals. Teens gain greater clarity about academic and vocational options and opportunities.
In addition to learning important on-the job skills, teens participate in regularly scheduled workshops that provide professional and personal development. These workshops are a point of difference from many other internship programs.
Workshop topics include:
• Respect for diversity
• Exploration of personal values
• Office etiquette and responsible work behavior
• Researching job opportunities
• Resume and cover letter writing
• Informational and general job interviewing skills
• An overview of the work of JFCS as a human service agency
Check back here during the summer to apply for the Academic Year Program.