Donate to JFCS Food Banks
Help us meet the increasing needs of seniors and families.
Our community is facing an unprecedented need for food donations and deliveries. Help JFCS keep our Food Banks full throughout the Bay Area and ensure we have essential supplies for all those in need.
Simple steps for helping right now include:
1. Add extra items to your grocery cart and drop them off in person outside of your local JFCS office. We are currently open: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Our food Bank locations are:
While all donations are appreciated and accepted, the most needed items now are:
- Paper bags to deliver groceries in
- Soup (hearty dry soups, like Bear Mountain, or regular canned soup)
- Cheese (slices and blocks are welcome)
- Peanut Butter
- Mac n cheese
- Cold cereal
- Tomato products of any kind including spaghetti sauce
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables (peas, corn, and green beans)
- Canned tuna
- Canned salmon
- Canned chili, stew, or pasta meals
Thanks to generous donations from our community, produce and some dairy products are being supplied by Greenleaf for all our JFCS food banks.
2. Order online via Amazon or Instacart and send to your local JFCS office, c/o JFCS Food Bank. Locations listed above. Please note that deliveries must take place Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
3. Purchase grocery store gift cards—gift cards can be purchased online (for example, to Whole Foods and Safeway) and sent to Masha Gutkin at [email protected] Or , purchase a grocery store gift card when you shop! Gift cards to Trader Joe’s are especially popular and can only be purchased in store. Drop off gift cards at one of our food bank locations or mail to:
PO BOX 159004
San Francisco, CA 94115
5. Volunteer as a Food Runner—JFCS is looking for volunteers to safely deliver items from our Food Banks directly to clients’ homes. Apply to be a JFCS volunteer here >
Any of these options are greatly appreciated at this critical time. We are all in this together and we thank you for your continued support!