The JFCS Legal Services Department primarily provides assistance with immigration law, and provides referrals for conservatorships, Holocaust survivor restitution claims, and disabilities issues.
Immigration services include assistance with:
- Family-based relative petitions;
- Fiancé(e) and marriage visa petitions and consular processing;
- Diversity visa applications;
- Applications for political asylum;
- Adjustment of status (green cards) through marriage;
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for refugees and asylees;
- Refugee travel documents, re-entry permits, and employment authorization;
- Affidavits of support for sponsors and joint sponsors;
- Applications for naturalization (citizenship), including preparation and filing of Requests for Fee Waivers and Medical Waivers (for qualified applicants);
- Evaluation of criminal issues and their impact on immigration benefits and status;
- Applications for Certificates of Naturalization and Green Card renewal;
- FOIA requests and Congressional inquiries;
- Attorney representation at USCIS interviews and in immigration court;
- Professional translation services.
JFCS does not provide assistance with business-based immigration petitions. However, our attorney is available to consult on general immigration-related matters and can make referrals when appropriate.
We cannot provide legal advice over the Internet or by phone, but will be happy to consult with you in person. Please contact us at 415-449-2917 to schedule an appointment. We have Russian-speaking staff available to assist you.
Our offices are located at 2150 Post St. in San Francisco.