If you have relatives in Ukraine or would like to speak to an immigration attorney about loved ones affected by the war in Ukraine, please call 415-449-2906 or email us at [email protected]
The JFCS Legal Services Department primarily provides assistance with immigration law, and provides referrals for conservatorships, Holocaust survivor restitution claims, and disabilities issues.
Immigration services include assistance with:
- Family-based relative petitions;
- Fiancé(e) and marriage visa petitions and consular processing
- Uniting for Ukraine (Form I-134A)
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Humanitarian Parole
- Diversity visa applications
- Applications for political asylum
- Adjustment of status (green cards) through marriage
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for asylees
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for refugees
- Refugee travel documents, re-entry permits, and employment authorization
- Affidavits of support for sponsors and joint sponsors
- Applications for naturalization (citizenship), including preparation and filing of Requests for Fee Waivers and Medical Waivers (for qualified applicants)
- Evaluation of criminal issues and their impact on immigration benefits and status
- Applications for Certificates of Naturalization and Green Card renewal
- FOIA requests and Congressional inquiries
- Attorney representation at USCIS interviews
- Professional translation services
JFCS does not provide assistance with business-based immigration petitions. However, our attorney is available to consult on general immigration-related matters and can make referrals when appropriate.
We offer all of our citizenship services remotely by phone or Zoom, but we can also arrange to meet in-person at our offices. Please request a consultation on our website or call us at 415-449-2917 to schedule an appointment. We have Russian-speaking and Spanish-speaking staff available to assist you.
Our offices are located at 2150 Post St. in San Francisco and 200 Channing Ave in Palo Alto.
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for asylees (English version)
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for asylees (Russian version)
JFCS immigration services are made possible by funding from generous individual donors and the Bigglesworth Family Foundation.
This program is made possible in part by support from the San Francisco Department of Aging.