The JFCS Legal Services Department primarily provides assistance with immigration law, and provides referrals for conservatorships, Holocaust survivor restitution claims, and disabilities issues.
Immigration services include assistance with:
- Family-based relative petitions;
- Fiancé(e) and marriage visa petitions and consular processing
- Diversity visa applications
- Applications for political asylum
- Adjustment of status (green cards) through marriage
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for asylees
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for refugees
- Refugee travel documents, re-entry permits, and employment authorization
- Affidavits of support for sponsors and joint sponsors
- Applications for naturalization (citizenship), including preparation and filing of Requests for Fee Waivers and Medical Waivers (for qualified applicants)
- Evaluation of criminal issues and their impact on immigration benefits and status
- Applications for Certificates of Naturalization and Green Card renewal
- FOIA requests and Congressional inquiries
- Attorney representation at USCIS interviews
- Professional translation services
JFCS does not provide assistance with business-based immigration petitions. However, our attorney is available to consult on general immigration-related matters and can make referrals when appropriate.
In order to safeguard our staff and clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently offering services by phone or Zoom only. Please contact us at 415-449-2917 to schedule an appointment. We have Russian-speaking staff available to assist you.
Our offices are located at 2150 Post St. in San Francisco and 200 Channing Ave in Palo Alto.
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for asylees (English version)
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for asylees (Russian version)