The JFCS Legal Services Department primarily provides assistance with immigration law, and provides referrals for conservatorships, Holocaust survivor restitution claims, and disabilities issues.
Immigration services include assistance with:
- Family-based relative petitions;
- Fiancé(e) and marriage visa petitions and consular processing;
- Diversity visa applications;
- Applications for political asylum;
- Adjustment of status (green cards) through marriage;
- Adjustment of status (green cards) for refugees and asylees;
- Refugee travel documents, re-entry permits, and employment authorization;
- Affidavits of support for sponsors and joint sponsors;
- Applications for naturalization (citizenship), including preparation and filing of Requests for Fee Waivers and Medical Waivers (for qualified applicants);
- Evaluation of criminal issues and their impact on immigration benefits and status;
- Applications for Certificates of Naturalization and Green Card renewal;
- FOIA requests and Congressional inquiries;
- Attorney representation at USCIS interviews and in immigration court;
- Professional translation services.
JFCS does not provide assistance with business-based immigration petitions. However, our attorney is available to consult on general immigration-related matters and can make referrals when appropriate.
In order to safeguard our staff and clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently offering services by phone or Zoom only. Please contact us at 415-449-2917 to schedule an appointment. We have Russian-speaking staff available to assist you.
Our offices are located at 2150 Post St. in San Francisco.