JFCS Privacy Policies
How to Reach Us
JFCS’ Central Administration postal address is The Miriam Schultz Grunfeld Professional Building, PO Box 159004, 2150 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94115-5411. We can be reached via e-mail at [email protected], or you can reach us by telephone at 415/449-1200 (TDD 415/ 345-1927).
Information We Collect and How We Use It
On the current JFCS website, you can register for classes, make a donation online, request materials be sent to you, complete online surveys and provide us with feedback about the site. The types of personal information that may be collected at these pages include name, contact and billing information, transaction, and credit card information. JFCS collects the e-mail address (where possible) of visitors to our Web page, the e-mail addresses of those who post messages to our bulletin board and who communicate with us via e-mail. We also collect aggregate information about what pages consumers access or visit and information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web page, to notify consumers about updates to our Website, and may be used to send you information about JFCS that we think may be of interest to you. It is also used to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our programs and services (including registration). We may also ask you to provide information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experience with our programs, and more detailed contact preferences. All information is collected on a purely voluntary basis.
If our information practices change at any point, we will immediately post the changes to our Website and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Website periodically.
How To Opt-Out
Like most nonprofit organizations, JFCS may make limited information (names and postal addresses) of those who access our site available to other reputable non-profit organizations whose programs or services we think you might find of interest. At this time, we do not make our customer e-mail list available to any outside organizations or individuals. If you do not want us to share your name or postal address with other organizations, please let us know by writing to us at the above address, or by sending us an email at [email protected].
JFCS knows how important it is to keep your personally identifiable information accurate. Upon request, we provide site visitors with access to all information (including proprietary information) that we maintain about them. Consumers can access and/or request this information be corrected by writing to us at the above address or by sending us an email at [email protected]. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we allow corrections to be made.
Links to third-party websites on the JFCS site are provided solely as a convenience for our visitors. If you use these links, you will leave the JFCS site. JFCS has reviewed all of these third party sites, but is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their privacy policies. Further, JFCS does not endorse or make any representations about these sites, or about any information, software or other products, services or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the JFCS site, you do so at your own risk.
Again, JFCS is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate security measures in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, or if you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Website, you may contact JFCS at the address above.
Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties (“JFCS”) respects the privacy of all its donors. We believe in safeguarding personal information and ensuring that donor privacy is protected. We do not sell or share donor information. Your name, email address, and any other personal information you provide will be used only by JFCS to keep you informed of our activities, including our programs, special events, and funding needs.
Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- Contact information: name, organization/company (if applicable), complete address, phone number(s), and email address.
- Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information needed to complete transactions. (We comply with PCI-Data Security Standards and do not retain credit card information of donors or any individuals providing payment for services to JFCS.)
- Gift designation information by program, fund, or event, as provided by the donor at the time of the gift.
- Contact information: complete mailing address of third parties honored by gifts made in tribute or acknowledgement of gifts made in memoriam by notice of the donor.
- Information you have shared, such as general feedback, comments, or questions.
- Requests to receive periodic updates via our online e-newsletters or through printed JFCS or JFCS programs’ publications and newsletters.
Use of donor information is limited to the above and to the internal purposes of Jewish Family and Children’s Services for furthering the stated mission and programs of the agency. Specifically, we use donor information to help donors complete a secure donation transaction and to provide communication and updates on JFCS programs.
We occasionally publish donor names to recognize donor support. We honor requests for donors who prefer to give anonymously, and safeguard preferences for anonymity as part of stored donor contact information.
JFCS’ Commitment to Donor Privacy: Both Online and Offline
- JFCS will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. This includes your email address, physical addresses, and phone numbers.
- On rare occasion, JFCS may share a donor’s email address to partner organizations, but only upon the condition that the donor has given JFCS specific permission to do so.
- Personal donor information maintained in a secured database, and only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes.
- Credit card numbers submitted to process gifts or transactions are not retained by JFCS.
Authorized Release of Information
JFCS may be legally required to disclose information on occasion. JFCS complies with all applicable legal requirements and standards.
If at any time you choose not to receive JFCS communications, you may contact us at 415- 449-1200 or [email protected] and we will gladly remove your name from our mailing list.