Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund serves as your own private “mini-foundation,” providing a streamlined way to achieve your charitable goals.
Note: When searching for JFCS through an external Donor Advised Fund portal, please use our tax ID number (94-1156528) or our San Francisco mailing address (PO Box 159004, San Francisco, CA 94115). Please contact us with any questions!
Setting up a Donor Advised Fund at JFCS
How it works:
- Establish your Fund with a gift to JFCS of $10,000 or more in cash, securities, or property through a simple agreement
- JFCS invests the funds prudently
- Make grant recommendations to support JFCS or other qualifying charities (minimum $100) online or by email
Your benefits include:
- Immediate income tax deduction for assets contributed to your Fund at any time
- Choose which charities to support now or over time
- Potential capital gains tax avoidance for appreciated assets
- JFCS manages the administration and financial reporting of your Fund
- Fund assets grow tax-free and are professionally managed
NOTE: Distributions from a Donor Advised Fund cannot be used to pay for tickets to an event.
As with other important financial decisions, you may want to consult legal and financial professionals for advice.