Resources During the Israel-Hamas War
We know that this is a painful and personally difficult time for many in our community. JFCS is here for you, whether you need support or are looking to give help. Read on for a wide range of resources on the Israel-Hamas war, responding to antisemitism, mental health, and opportunities to give back.
If you or someone you care about needs assistance, please call JFCS’ Bay Area Critical Helpline at 415-449-3700.
Responding to Antisemitism and Understanding the Israel-Hamas War
- 7 Ways Some Anti-Israel Protests Have Spread Antisemitism (American Jewish Committee – AJC)
- A Background on Hamas (Anti-Defamation League – ADL)
- Recognizing and Responding to Problematic Rhetoric (JCRC Bay Area)
- Guide for Recognizing and Responding to Antisemitism (JFCS Holocaust Center)
- The History of Antisemitism (A UC Berkeley Film)
See a full list of resources on the JFCS Holocaust Center website.
Resources for Parents
JFCS’ Center for Children and Youth offers an array of online resources and workshops as well as individual consultation to guide families through this difficult time.
- Talking to Kids About Antisemitism and Hate Crimes
- How to Talk to Neurodiverse Children About the Israel-Hamas War
- Helping Your Children to Make Sense of the Situation in Israel
- 5 Ways You Can Help Your Kids Feel Safe in an Unsafe World
To view all online resources, click here.
Mental Health and Counseling
- Individual Counseling: JFCS offers counseling and support for anyone who is struggling. Call us at 415-449-1212 to learn more.
- Support for College Students: For college students experiencing antisemitism or any kind of emotional distress, JFCS offers counseling with someone who understands. Learn more here.
- Managing Difficult Conversations: JFCS offers advice for having productive conversations with loved ones who disagree. Read more here.
- Spiritual Wellness: Chaplain Bruce Feldstein, MD, BCC, Director of JFCS’ Jewish Chaplaincy Services, offers a Spiritual Fitness Toolkit for anyone seeking to increase their capacity for meaning, purpose, and connectedness. Download Chaplain Feldstein’s Spiritual Fitness Toolkit here.
Public Policy Advocacy
Join us in demanding that social media companies keep antisemitic and violent content off their platforms! We are collecting names for a petition, coordinated by the ADL, to urge social media companies to do better in moderating dangerous content about the war.
How You Can Help
- Help Israeli Families in Need: JFCS is working closely with our sister agencies in Israel to provide housing for evacuated families from Israel’s borders, emergency aid and protection for the severely disabled, urgent trauma support for children and adults, and other war-related crisis care. Donate to JFCS’ Israel Emergency Fund.
- Volunteer in Your Community: During a time when many feel helpless, we offer a range of opportunities for volunteers. View all volunteer opportunities here.