JFCS offers one of the most comprehensive programs for individuals with disabilities and their families and caregivers.
Our goal is to make sure that our clients get the help they need to achieve and maintain optimal levels of well-being and self-sufficiency.
Last year 1,600 children and adults with disabilities (ages 18 – 60) and their families benefited from our Disabilities Services, which includes information and referrals, advocacy, case management, counseling, and the Gary Shupin Independent Living Community and Shupin Social Club.
We are happy to share our extensive knowledge about vocational, educational, and community resources throughout the Bay Area so that you and your families can take full advantage of them and make informed decisions.
Past clients who were assisted by this program include:
- A young man wanting to live independently
- A young woman seeking more social opportunities
- A middle-aged man who is hearing-impaired
- A young adult living with cerebral palsy
- A family whose 20-year-old daughter has developmental disabilities