RN Home Care Supervisor
For nearly 175 years, Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties has served the Bay Area’s children, families, and older adults. As the problem-solving center for our community, JFCS is the oldest and largest family services institution in the United States, serving more than 120,000 people annually who are facing life transitions and personal crises. JFCS has earned a national reputation as a leader in developing research-based social services and educational programs that strengthen individuals, families, and community.
Under the supervision of the Director of Home Care, the RN Home Care Supervisor will provide skilled nursing services for Licensed Care clients, provide assessment and oversight of care planning for Private Duty clients, and assist with program supervision, coordination, and oversight including but not limited to the resolution of client and caregiver maters. The RN Home Care Supervisor understands and assists in meeting the mission, service, and budget goals of Jewish Family and Children’s Services, and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources, and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range: $90,000 – $100,000
- Employment Type: full-time, exempt position with benefits
- Employer 403(b) retirement match plus additional employer contribution (subject to eligibility)
- Cafeteria plan with medical, dental, vision, FSA, Employer-paid life, and disability insurance
- 16 holidays (10 federal and up to 6 Jewish holidays), annually
- 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave, annually
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Licensed Care Services:
- Complies with all Title XXII Home Health Agency regulations and the Nurse Practice Act in the provision of skilled nursing services
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process for Licensed Skilled Care clients. Assesses and evaluates clients’ status and revises plan of care, as necessary. Discusses changes with the client or family/caregiver and report changes, as necessary, to the attending physician.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic, and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques and maintains communication regarding client care with the physician and supervisory personnel
- Completes, maintains, and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the client’s condition and care provided
Private Duty Services:
- Performs the initial home care assessment in the client’s home. When requested, arranges for a pre-discharge facility assessment
- Explains all home care service policies to the client, including rates of service, billing options, HIPAA, and obtains the signature of acknowledgment. Completes all initial client paperwork and initiates the Client Registration process
- Based on the needs assessment and in conjunction with the client/family, completes an individualized Care Plan
- Coordinates home care services and care plan implementation with the staffing team
Supervision, Coordination, and Program Oversight:
- Ensures compliance with Licensed Care and Private Duty policies and procedures
- Implements Total Quality Management activities relating to client satisfaction, compliance with Agency paperwork renewal, incident reporting, and the annual home health agency program evaluation
- Ensures implementation of the private duty supervision program
- Assists the Director in resolution of client and caregiver maters in all regions
- Orients, trains, and supervises home care aides
- Works to meet or exceed agency service and budget goals
- Accepts on-call and weekend assignments, as requested
- Complies with the Jewish Family and Children’s Services Policy and Procedures Manual, as well as the agency health and safety standards for clients, employees, and facilities
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in nursing; a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California
- Current CPR certification
- Two+ years’ experience as an RN working in home care and or home health care o Minimum one year of experience working with the geriatric population preferred
- Leadership, supervisory, and/or teaching experience preferred
- Valid California driver’s license and insurance in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements o Must be willing to drive and travel
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and analytical skills
- Excellent observation skills, sound nursing judgment, and strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to providing responsive and quality services to the community and ability to establish excellent rapport with client’s staff and community workers
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EXCITED TO APPLY?
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.