For nearly 175 years, Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties has served the Bay Area’s children, families, and older adults. As the problem-solving center for our community, JFCS is the oldest and largest family services institution in the United States, serving more than 120,000 people annually who are facing life transitions and personal crises. JFCS has earned a national reputation as a leader in developing research-based social services and educational programs that strengthen individuals, families, and community.
The Driver supports the Kosher Meals on Wheels program and is responsible for ensuring that meals are delivered to clients in a timely, safe and efficient manner. This position will report to the Director of Nutrition Programs. The JFCS meal program serves adults and seniors throughout the city of San Francisco, bringing meals and groceries from the JFCS Food Bank on a weekly basis. The Kosher Meals on Wheels program supports the reduction of isolation and enhance activities of daily living for seniors.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Pay Range: $18.07-19.50 per hour (Depending on experience)
- Work Schedule: Part Time (15-20 hours per week) Monday-Friday 9:30AM-2PM (hours may vary)
- Employment Type: Part-time with no benefits
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, program equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by JFCS.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver hot meals to clients Monday through Friday
- Assist with the delivery of food-to-food bank members and to JFCS offices in Marin and on the Peninsula
- Practice safety measures and standard driving procedures at all times
- Report any mechanical problems or damage to the van, even minor damage, immediately to the Director of Nutrition
- Collaborate with other JFCS staff to ensure that client needs are met
- Current California driver’s license
- Clean DMV record
- Strong ability to work independently and use sound judgment
- Ability to communicate well with seniors and establish rapport with clients
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Visual ability to read documents
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs
- May be required to meet clients with infectious diseases or clients receiving radiation therapy
- Regular driving of a van or small cargo truck
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EXCITED TO APPLY?
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.