Clinical Consultant/Educator – Israeli Department
From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, Jewish Family and Children’s Services is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
Founded in 1850, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is one of the oldest and largest human service agencies in the United States. We are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for everyone, community responsibility, inter-generational ties, and repairing the world.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
JOB TITLE: Clinical Consultant/Educator
REPORTS TO: Director, Israeli Department
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time, without benefits
JOB LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
Join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals and gain experience. The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, and has the aptitude for working well with people and will play a key role in making JFCS a great place for everybody to work by bringing a positive outlook, people skills, and organization skills to the table.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provides effective parent consultation to families seeking parent guidance
- Designs Parent Education Workshop Curriculum
- Prepares written agendas, objectives, and handouts
- Facilitates Parent Education Workshops
- Facilitates support groups
- Represents the Israeli Department to the community, to increase support for the program and to ensure that the community is aware of CCY as a resource
- Provides consultation to teachers and schools for classroom challenges
- If registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences and approved to practice mental health services in the state of California, provides assessment and treatment to children as assigned, following all agency policies and procedures related to clinical practice
- Licensed mental health professional (MSW, ASW, LCSW, AMFT, LMFT, PsyD)
- Three plus (3+) years of postgraduate experience
- Bilingual Hebrew-English speaker with knowledge of and sensitivity to Israeli culture
- Demonstrate ability to relate effectively with parents, individually and in groups
- Understanding of the growth and development of children and the ability to interpret that information in a supportive and professional manner to parents, caregivers, and to other professionals
- Advanced degree in child development-related field
- Licensed or license eligible in California to practice psychotherapy as part of the job responsibilities
- Previous experience providing parent consultation and support and teaching parent-focused workshops
- Experience in using MS Office applications and general computer skills
- Ability to function independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- Desire to work in a multi-discipline social service setting
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.