Seniors At Home is a division of Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties.
As a problem-solving center for residents of San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is a lifeline for children, families, and older adults facing personal crises and challenges. We have over 40 programs, including home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
JOB TITLE: Concierge
REPORTS TO: Homecare Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time, with no benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals and gain experience. The ideal candidate is responsible for supporting older adults, including those with cognitive impairment, and their family members in coordinating daily routines and services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Follows the plan of care based on identified strengths and needs of the client and the client’s support network
- Implements individualized care plan interventions to support and facilitate meaningful interactions with clients, including those with dementia
- Assists with creating and maintaining a calendar to accurately assist with scheduling and managing social engagements, medical appointments, and leisure activities
- Provides support with household tasks, including but not limited to assisting with identifying the needs for household items; managing pet needs; mailings; communication with other household staff or external maintenance workers, and family members
- Performs basic troubleshooting of household technology and appliances, such as Wi-Fi, alarm systems, safety devices, and computers/printers
- Engages client in meaningful activities and adapts activities and approaches to foster client involvement
- Drives and/or accompanies the client to appointments as outlined in the initial care plan
- Utilizes current best practices in dementia care as it relates to communication and non-pharmacological approaches to support quality of life
- Coordinates services and communicates with the client, family, physician, referral source, and other team members, including Seniors At Home staff
- Utilizes proven dementia intervention tools and activities with the client, family, and caregivers and trains them in the use of such tools
- Participates in program evaluation activities to measure community impact and relevancy
- Collaborates with all other Seniors At Home program staff to ensure the delivery of an integrated continuum of geriatric services
- Bachelor’s Degree or five years of commensurate experience in social work, care management, or executive administration is required
- Experience in the field of dementia care, including direct work with older adults and their family members is highly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to recognize, assess and respond appropriately to the client who may be challenged in performing their daily living tasks
- Strong commitment to establishing a supportive, compassionate, and professional relationship with clients and their family members is a must
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required to assist the client with daily, weekly and monthly appointments
- Intermediate computer proficiency, ability to manage emails and an electronic calendar for the client is required
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, take initiative, and work as a team member
- Knowledge of HIPAA confidentiality requirements and process
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, and strong oral and written language skills
- Ability to drive clients preferred. (Requires a driver’s license for at least 2 years, no major citations issued by the CA DMV within the last 3 years, and a current vehicle insurance policy that covers the required CA minimum limits)
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.