- Nutrition Program
JFCS’ Food Program, which runs a Food Pantry in each of our five regional offices (in San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties), is seeking volunteers to go to the San Francisco Food Bank on a weekly basis to select appropriate food items for our San Francisco Food Pantry and for our home-delivered meal program serving younger adults with disabilities. Several volunteer openings are available.
Volunteers will have:
- A strong interest or background in health and nutrition.
- Interest or experience in volunteering in a social-service setting.
- Strong communications skills.
- Reliable transportation.
- A valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a good driving record.
- Availability to visit San Francisco Food Bank on Tuesdays. (Sorry, there is no flexibility in days.) Shopping window is 8:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 40 pounds. (Average weight of food packages is generally 10 to 25 pounds.)
Volunteers will receive thorough training from JFCS and the San Francisco Food Bank. Reimbursement mileage is available.