JFCS offers one of the most comprehensive programs for individuals with disabilities and their families and caregivers.
Our goal is to make sure that our clients get the help they need to achieve and maintain optimal levels of well-being and self-sufficiency.
Last year 1,600 children and adults with disabilities (ages 18 – 60) and their families benefited from our Disabilities Services, which includes information and referrals, advocacy, case management, counseling, meal delivery, attendant care, and our Independent Living Community, Gary Shupin House.
We are happy to share our extensive knowledge about vocational, educational, and community resources throughout the Bay Area so that you and your families can take full advantage of them and make informed decisions.
Past clients who were assisted by this program include:
- A single mother with a chronic heart and lung ailment
- A middle-aged man who is hearing-impaired
- A young adult living with cerebral palsy
- A 50-year-old woman living for many years with HIV
- A family whose 20-year-old daughter has developmental disabilities