Koret Fellowship for College Graduates
The Koret Fellowship is a paid, one-year professional experience for recent college grads, who bring their raw talent, passion, and skills to the JFCS YouthFirst team! Koret Fellows empower local teens to bring about change and support communities in need, guided by Jewish values and wisdom. To excel in this role, you must believe teens can change the world and consider service an inherently Jewish value.
Koret Fellowship Dates: Sept. 1, 2022 – Aug. 31, 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
As a Koret Fellow, you’ll receive training in engagement, social action, and community building, as you learn how to seamlessly weave Judaism into your work as a JFCS teen engagement professional. The Fellowship also provides a unique opportunity to become more knowledgeable about the Bay Area Jewish community and its local organizations.
Who you are:
- You are excited about engaging Jewish teens in social action conversations.
- You are comfortable with the idea that social change occurs through multiple modalities, including volunteering, education, advocacy, and Jewish service-learning.
- You believe that education can be infused into experiences that captivate the imagination.
- You are a collaborator and love working with a team to solve problems and try new things.
What you’ll get out of it:
- High-level professional development to help build core skills including professional communication, public speaking, building connections, and collaborative relationships, and event coordination
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs. You will contribute to the growth of JFCS and gain exposure to a broad range of professional roles and functions.
- Mentoring and career coaching to help you during and after your Fellowship.
- A robust array of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; and life and disability insurance.
- You will be paid $25.64 per hour, working full time (37.5 hours/week) for one year.
Apply here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.