Educational Loans & Grants
Fulfilling our educational and vocational goals is one of life’s most empowering and impactful objectives. At JFCS, we annually help hundreds of Jewish students achieve these goals by providing them with loans and grants (scholarships).
Our loans and grants generally are used to offset the expenses of college, graduate or vocational school, professional programs, and other accredited programs.
Eligible undergraduate & graduate students may apply for financial aid annually to defray their educational and vocational training costs. All qualified students will be considered for a JFCS loan and grants.*
*We do not offer grant-only applications.
- Our undergraduate need-based grants range from $500 –$3,000.
- Our limited graduate need-based grants range from $500 – $1,000.
- Our undergraduate subsidized loan awards range from $1,000 – $6,000 fixed interest rate (to be announced in June 2023) with favorable repayment terms.
- Our graduate subsidized loan awards range from $1,000 – $10,000:
Traditional GRAD Loans at a fixed interest rate (to be announced in June 2023) and repayments begins 9 months after completion of graduate degree.
To qualify for one of our Loans and Grants, students must fulfill the following requirements for the 2023 – 2024 school year:
- Identify as Jewish and show meaningful involvement with the community
- You and your family are permanent* residents in one of the following five counties we serve: Sonoma, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, or Northern Santa Clara.
*Must be for a minimum of two years prior to submitting your application.
- Submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have demonstrated financial need.
- Currently in good academic standing, with a minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Have a parent, or another qualified individual who can guarantee your loan.
When Can I apply?
- After you have been accepted, or have re-enrolled at an accredited: state college, university, or vocational training program.
- After you have received your financial aid award from your given school.
How Do I apply?
PLEASE NOTE: Only qualified need-based applicants will be reviewed for a possible grant and loan award.
To all Parents & 9th – 12th grade students: Come join us for our online JFCS College Readiness Series Workshops in 2023 – 24:
- Series II Workshops—Cash for College (October 2023)
- Series II Workshops—Finding & Saving Money for College
If you are interested in our College Financial Consultation Services, please contact Michelle Lamphere, Director of JFCS’ Financial Aid Center at (415) 449-1226
Partial funding for the JFCS scholarship program is provided by generous individual support, foundation grants, and named endowment funds. If interested in contributing, please call Barbara Farber at 415-449-3858 or email: [email protected].