Donate to JFCS Food Banks
Help us meet the increasing needs of seniors and families.
Our community is facing an unprecedented need for food donations and deliveries. Help JFCS keep our Food Banks full throughout the Bay Area and ensure we have essential supplies for all those in need.
Simple steps for helping right now include:
1. Add extra items to your grocery cart and drop them off in person outside of your local JFCS office. We are currently open: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Our food Bank locations are:
The most needed items now are:
- Paper bags to deliver groceries in
- Soup (hearty dry soups, like Bear Mountain, or regular canned soup)
- Peanut Butter
- Mac n cheese
- Cold cereal
- Granola Bars
- Tomato products of any kind including spaghetti sauce
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables (peas, corn, and green beans)
- Canned tuna
- Canned salmon
- Canned chicken
- Canned chili, stew, or pasta meals
- Paper towels and toilet paper (San Mateo, Palo Alto, and Marin)
Thanks to generous donations from our community, produce and some dairy products are being supplied by Greenleaf for all our JFCS food banks.
**While all donations are so appreciated, we cannot accept highly perishable dairy items such as milk, cottage cheese, and other soft cheeses. Thank you.
2. Order via the online delivery of your choice (eg. Amazon / Instacart / Target / Safeway) and send to your local JFCS office, c/o JFCS Food Bank. Locations listed above. Please note that deliveries must take place Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Please include a gift note with your info so that we can thank you for your donation!
3. Purchase grocery store gift cards—gift cards can be purchased online (for example, to Whole Foods and Safeway) and sent to [email protected] Or, purchase a grocery store gift card when you shop! Gift cards to Trader Joe’s are especially popular and can only be purchased in store. Drop off gift cards at one of our food bank locations or mail to:
Development / Food Bank Donations
PO BOX 159004
San Francisco, CA 94115
4. Make a monetary donation online:
5. Volunteer as a Food Runner—JFCS is looking for volunteers to safely deliver items from our Food Banks directly to clients’ homes. Apply to be a JFCS volunteer here >
Any of these options are greatly appreciated at this critical time. We are all in this together and we thank you for your continued support!