JFCS Services During COVID-19
If you or someone you care about needs help, please call our JFCS Bay Area Critical Help Line at 415-449-3700.
SENIOR and DISABLED CARE—For assistance please call 415-449-3700
- JFCS continues to provide home care to thousands of older adults. Our caregivers are specially trained in all health and safety procedures.
- We are delivering nutritious cooked meals, groceries, and other supplies to those who are isolated and homebound.
- JFCS has implemented a Safe At Home Program to closely monitor high risk and alone elderly and disabled clients.
- All JFCS clinics and social programs have adapted to new formats: our social work and medical staff are serving every client in their own homes and many of our social and support groups now offer virtual programming.
FAMILIES and ADULTS—For assistance please call 415-449-1212
- Pandemic recovery no-interest loans and grants are available for families and small businesses.
- JFCS Food Banks are open. Groceries and supplies are being delivered in all regions. Donations are needed to meet the rising need!
- Teletherapy services and some in-person counseling services are available for individuals, families, couples, and children.
PARENTS—For assistance please call 415-359-2443 or find out more HERE
- Clinical counseling continues to be offered by phone, video conference, or in-person to answer questions and help children and parents cope with this crisis.
- Online workshops are available to help parents understand how to best help their children with the added anxiety that they are experiencing.
- You can also visit our Knowledge Base to read advice from our experts about the pandemic: How to Talk to Children About a COVID Diagnosis and Returning to In-Person School This Year.
VOLUNTEER TO HELP—Apply online HERE
During a time when many feel helpless, we offer a range of opportunities for volunteers. This includes purchasing and delivering groceries to Holocaust survivors, other frail seniors, low-income families, and homebound disabled adults.