Young Adult Leadership Council
JFCS’ Young Adult Leadership Council brings together people in their 20s who want to make a meaningful impact in the community and hone their skills as Jewish leaders. Council members join 10 fun, interactive, bi-monthly gatherings in order to make connections and build leadership skills, explore social issues in the Bay Area and beyond, and get an up-close look at JFCS’ groundbreaking work to address these issues. The program culminates in a group project to support the work of one JFCS department through direct service, fundraising, and other creative means.
EXAMINE SOCIAL ISSUES
Leaders who understand the social, economic, and historical context in which they serve are better equipped to help.
CONNECT JEWISH VALUES
Helping both our community and the greater social good is an inherently Jewish value. As leaders, we are inspired by our roots, and use these Jewish values to mindfully support those in need.
REFLECT FOR POSITIVE CHANGE
Community service should spark questions and challenges about injustice, inequality, and our own role in bringing about change. Reflecting on these questions strengthens our empathy muscles and makes us better leaders.
The program includes:
- Community-building gatherings at JFCS and venues throughout the Bay Area
- Learning with scholars, community professionals, and other young leaders
- Skill building and leadership training
- Hands-on service projects that support populations in need
- Are 22 – 32 years old and reside in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Want to expand their leadership experience and skills
- Are excited to build community and connection with other Bay Area Young Adults
- Passionate about making a difference by helping those in need
- Interested in learning about how Jewish wisdom can inspire leadership and change
The group meets twice a month on Tuesday evenings between March and June 2023.
Look out for applications in early 2023.
For more information contact Tamar Zaken at [email protected].