Therapist (several openings)
Under the supervision of the Clinical Director or their designee, the Therapist provides in-office and remote clinical services to children, family, and adults. The Therapist understands and assists in meeting the mission, service and budget goals of Jewish Family and Children’s Services, and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
**This is a part-time, non-exempt, non-benefited position OR a full-time, exempt position with benefits depending on experience and location.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively represents Jewish Family and Children’s Services with prospective clients and families, in order to engage clients and families in service, including an understanding of the Jewish dimension of the agency’s mission, and Jewish resources and traditions.
- Carry assigned caseload of child, family, adult and couples clients, providing therapy and case management interventions as appropriate to client’s need. Conducts evaluation and assessment, and provides psychotherapy as assigned.
- Responds to all clients and prospective clients promptly to set up and implement a thorough assessment of each client’s needs.
- Provides clinical consultation services to clients, their families, caregivers, and other collateral resources as indicated.
- Formulates goals and treatment plans and all documentation per JFCS and grant funders’ standards.
- Completes administrative duties necessary to carry out clinical responsibilities in a timely fashion.
- Participates in scheduled clinical supervision and all meetings as requested.
- Meets fee and service goals established in the annual work plan in areas assigned.
- Compliance with the JFCS Policy and Procedures Manual, including but not limited to performing duties necessary to carry out clinical responsibilities, programmatic work plans, financial assistance guidelines and record keeping.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven clinical knowledge and skill in providing time-limited treatment to diverse client groups, including low functioning and higher functioning populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, their families and community representatives.
- Knowledge and experience in time sensitive service provision.
- Knowledge of Jewish and general community resources.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Dedication to a philosophy of service that reflects social work principles and methodology in practice.
Required Education and Experience
- Licensed or licensed eligible, with two years’ experience working with children, adults and/or families in clinical settings.
- Driver’s license and car.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, non-benefited position or a full-time, exempt position with benefits depending on experience and location. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; and life and disability insurance.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Therapist in your subject line.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.