From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, Jewish Family and Children’s Services is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
JOB TITLE: Staffing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Interim Senior Services Director
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
The Staffing Coordinator manages staffing for clients and supervises the attendant field staff ensuring that Home Care services are provided to Seniors at Home clients responsively and appropriately. The position assists in resolving operational issues or concerns in the daily functions of the home care program.
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- 15 holidays total (Includes 9 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation & 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Cafeteria Plan
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Arranges and monitors attendant placements with clients, ensuring that matches are successful and meet the needs of the clients and attendants
- Works to ensure that all client shifts are staffed appropriately, including providing staffing for vacant shifts and replacing attendants as needed, and communicates all changes to the Homecare Supervisor
- Maintains communication with attendants to track their availability and works collaboratively with other Staffing Coordinators to offer attendants shifts that meet their availability
- Documents all offers in AlayaCare
- Maintains close contact with both attendants and clients to ensure satisfaction with services and to identify and resolve potential issues of concern in a respectful and timely manner
- Ensures that attendants have clients’ care plans and if requested by the Homecare Supervisor reviews client’s d care plan with assigned attendants to ensure that they understand the scope of services to be provided and have the appropriate skills
- In coordination with the Homecare Supervisor, provides direction to attendants on how to relate to clients
Notifies the Home Care Supervisor regarding changes in client status and/or caregiver services, recommending field supervision
- Enters all communications with clients and attendants and client and attendant schedules into the AlayaCare database in real-time and in accordance with Agency standards
- Responds professionally to inquiries about the program and to questions or concerns from clients and attendants and ensures that all communications are respectful in nature
- Resolves timesheet/schedule discrepancies as requested by the Business Office
- Participates in the orientation of new hires
- Cooperation with Homecare Supervisors and other Homecare staff coordinates trainings for workers including, scheduling dates with the caregivers
- Provides on-call coverage for the program
- Participates in the Seniors at Home attendant recruitment and retention activities including employee recognition program for attendant
- Actively participates in program development and implementation
- Works cooperatively as a member of the Seniors at Home team, in order to serve all JFCS clients
- Has experience in Homecare, social services, or medical setting
- Healthcare or home care experience (preferably with the elderly community)
- Has Staffing Experience
- Has a college degree
- Ability to coordinate detailed information
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has strong customer services skills, service orientation, and ability to work well with a diverse population
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently, and as part of a working group
- Has a desire to work in a social service setting and with the elderly
- Has a strong computer skills
- Can work onsite at JFCS’s San Francisco office
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.