Social Media Marketing Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Social Media Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing JFCS’ social media strategy, growing and managing our online communities across multiple platforms and brands, and engaging our audiences through original and compelling content.
The Social Media Marketing Manager understands and assists in meeting the mission, service and budget goals of Jewish Family and Children’s Services, and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes JFCS’ social media strategy in order to reach marketing, brand, and fundraising goals.
- Acts as community manager for JFCS’ social media channels as well as those of two sub-brands: the Center for Children & Youth and Seniors At Home.
- Crafts compelling written and visual content including blogs, videos, and images and promote across a variety of social platforms; partners with in-house designers to develop social media assets and campaigns.
- Drives strategic initiatives to grow our audiences and increase engagement. Partners with JFCS Marketing Managers to develop integrated, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and to oversee the vendors who manage our paid social advertising.
- Identifies and builds relationships with key influencers and ambassadors who share our values and desire to support our community.
- Creates social media guidelines and agency standards for best practices; provides tools to content creators across the agency.
- Monitors the social media presence of our sub-brands, and supports and guides other content creators to ensure proper branding and best practice.
- Measures and communicates performance monthly across JFCS’ social media channels, and applies learnings to future campaigns with a data-driven mindset.
- Stays on top of the ever-changing social media landscape, provides competitor analysis, and makes recommendations to improve overall performance.
- Supports the JFCS marketing team as needed with email marketing, content creation, and reporting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Walking, standing, twisting and bending for brief periods of time.
- Occasional reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds.
- May be required to ascend/descend stairs.
- Regular use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, mouse or calculator.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office environment.
- The person in this position requires effective communications. Must be able to exchange accurate information in varying situations.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in social media community management and in executing social media marketing campaigns that deliver results.
- BA degree in marketing, communications, advertising, business, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced creative writing experience with an ability to translate our brands into social content that drives desired actions.
- Experience planning, creating, and measuring effectiveness of content (such as blog, video, newsletters).
- A passion for social media, and an eagerness to learn, grow, and take on more ownership.
- Excited about getting to know our audiences, to empathize with them and understand their needs.
- Conceptual talent—be able to think big, be innovative, and collaborate with others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Adaptable; ability to respond quickly and efficiently to unplanned projects and assignments.
- Experience in successful social media fundraising is a plus.
This is a full time, salaried, exempt position with benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; life and disability insurance. This position is located in San Francisco, and does not offer relocation packages.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Social Media Marketing Manager in your subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.