Residential Manager – Shupin House
Under the supervision of the Director of Disability Services, the Residential Manager is responsible for the overall smooth day-to-day operations and providing care and supervision of all residents to ensure a safe, healthy, secure and pleasant environment, which promotes and reinforces resident growth and development of Gary’s Place and Shupin House. The Residential Manager provides oversight to home operations and performs duties in the areas of staff supervision, operational administration, home management, therapeutic intervention, documentation, and treatment plan development.
The Residential Manager understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop operations manual with the Director of Disability Services.
- Participate in recruiting and screening potential residents in collaboration with the Director of Disability Services and other assigned staff.
- Supervise, train, schedule, and evaluate house support staff.
- Provide daily structure and coverage to the residence by supervising and assisting with independent living skills, orienting residents to the activities of the day; checking on meal preparation; ensuring that transportation to activities is clear and appropriate, etc.
- Responsible for the programming and scheduling of daily activities, excursions and trips for individuals as well as ensuring that Shabbat programing and religious practices and customs are observed.
- Oversee the cooking needs with healthy menu planning, food shopping/ordering, and meal preparation, incorporating the dietary needs of the individuals.
- Maintain regular communication with parents, families or guardians of residents.
- Fill in as a support staff whenever necessary to ensure compliance with the staffing ratio and/or to continue to foster teamwork and mentor staff.
- Provide emergency coverage and help with transportation as needed during non-scheduled hours and in response to emergencies.
- Ensure that Gary’s Place and the Shupin House’s physical sites are maintained appropriately, according to Agency-wide standards with primary attention to the safety of residents and to maintaining an attractive environment. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate needed repairs and attention to facilities-related issues with the JFCS’ Director of Facilities.
- Ensure Gary Shupin House follows all applicable state and federal safety regulations.
- Implement and administer all program components in compliance with goals, objectives and the Agency’s Work Plan.
- Ensure that operations are organized efficiently and that procedures, policies, information, materials are clear and comply with legal requirements.
- Participate in outreach to the Jewish community and organizations serving adults with disabilities to inform them of program offerings and encourage referrals of appropriate clients.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Maintain flexible work schedule, including some weekend and evening hours.
- Available on-call 24/7 for emergent needs, triage and support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of best practices in the field of working with adults with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain professional boundaries.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Jewish community, holidays and cultural activities.
- Language Skills: Very good oral communication skills, including active listening skills.
- Ability to work with people.
- CA driver’s license and access to a car.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or cognitive impairment.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave; 403(b) plan; life and disability insurance.
Please apply here:
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. In addition to compensation, occupancy in Gary’s Place is provided. Residential Manager is required to execute a Resident Employee Agreement.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.