Personal Assistant – Seniors at Home
Pay Range: $35-$40/hour
Employment Type: Part-time with no benefits
Shift & Schedule: Flexible schedule; Monday to Friday 8 am-6 pm
Position Summary: Personal Assistants provide compassionate support and comprehensive services to empower older adults to lead safe, healthy, and independent lives. Personal Assistants focus on enhancing quality of life without engaging in personal care.
What are the qualifications?
- Organizational Skills: Ability to manage household calendars, coordinate appointments, and handle various tasks efficiently.
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills tailored for interactions within a home environment. Demonstrated empathy and patience in providing support to older adults.
- Domestic Proficiency: Familiarity with household procedures, managing household needs, pet care, and coordinating activities
- Technology Proficiency: Comfort and proficiency with household technology, online orders, and electronic calendar management.
- Discretion and Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality and HIPPA compliance.
- Adaptability: Flexibility to handle unexpected changes and adapt to the dynamic needs of the household and capability to meet challenges that arise
- Excellent Customer Service: Strong customer service skills for positive interactions with family members and household staff.
- Driver’s License and Vehicle: Ability to drive clients, either in your vehicle or theirs, with a valid driver’s license for at least 2 years, no major citations in the last 3 years, and current vehicle insurance covering the required minimum limits.
- Dementia Care experience: Direct work with older adults who have a cognitive impairment and their family members.
What will I be doing?
- Aid in creating, scheduling, and maintaining a calendar of social engagements, medical appointments, and leisure activities while simultaneously engaging client to participate to the best of their abilities
- Assist with various tasks that include but are not limited to: household tasks, managing online orders, pet care, home organization, downsizing, managing mail, drive or accompany clients to appointments or errands, research, and communication with household staff, maintenance workers, and family members.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of household technology and appliances such as Wi-Fi, alarm systems, safety devices, computers, and printers.
Why Work at Seniors At Home?
Be part of a team that makes positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families that we serve each year. Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history.
For nearly 175 years, Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties has served the Bay Area’s children, families, and older adults. As the problem-solving center for our community, JFCS is the oldest and largest family services institution in the United States, serving more than 120,000 people annually who are facing life transitions and personal crises. JFCS has earned a national reputation as a leader in developing research-based social services and educational programs that strengthen individuals, families, and community.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EXCITED TO APPLY?
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.