Pediatric Occupational Therapist – Peninsula
For nearly 175 years, Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties has served the Bay Area’s children, families, and older adults. As the problem-solving center for our community, JFCS is the oldest and largest family services institution in the United States, serving more than 120,000 people annually who are facing life transitions and personal crises. JFCS has earned a national reputation as a leader in developing research-based social services and educational programs that strengthen individuals, families, and community.
Join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals and gain experience. The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, and has the aptitude for working well with people and will play a key role in making JFCS a great place for everybody to work by bringing a positive outlook, people skills, and organization skills to the table. This position will report to the Director of Occupational Therapy.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range $75,000 – $85,000
- Employment Type: Full-time with benefits
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- 16 holidays total (Includes 10 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation & 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Cafeteria Plan with medical, dental, vision, FSA, Employer-paid life, and disability insurance
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assessment and intervention as well as consultation services for children and adolescents primarily in San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties
- Providing services to children with developmental, behavioral, and learning needs
- Participates in the design and implementation of Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment services
- Conducts initial assessments, formulates intervention plans, and implements them in a variety of settings, including, home, school, and other community settings
- Collaborates with mental health, speech and language and developmental specialists, as needed and appropriate, to formulate and implement effective treatment plans
- Carries an ongoing occupational therapy intervention caseload that includes an average of at least 50% billable time
- Consults with preschools and elementary schools
- Maintains timely and accurate assessment, intervention, consultation and billing records
- Deliver timely and accurate results
- Value the importance of delivering high quality, innovative services to JFCS employees and clients, respond promptly to inquiries and is accessible to JFCS employees and clients
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy required
- 2-5 years of experience providing occupational therapy services to children and youth in a variety of settings
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Expertise in Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, and Sensory Integration, and Learning Disabilities, with emphasis on early intervention, utilizing evidence-based treatment
- Excellent knowledge of child development
- Expertise in Parent Education and Pre/school Consultation
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EXCITED TO APPLY?
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.