Overnight Caregiver – Shupin House
Under the supervision of the Director of Disability Services, the Caregiver assists residential clients if a personal or emergency situation should arise overnight at the Gary Shupin Independent Living Community’s Shupin House. The Overnight Caregiver works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and all policies and procedures as listed in the Employee Handbook during the course and scope of their employment.
- Available to respond to client issues and emergencies overnight at the residence.
- Able to enter resident’s apartments as needed to handle emergency situations.
- Ability to respond to an emergency, call appropriate community resources, and notify the Director of Disability Services of issues as they arise.
- Complete time sheets as required.
- Attend initial orientation and yearly training, as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with the terms of this Job Description and related to client’s independent living where the client cannot perform such duties due to the client’s disability.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Has ability to read and follow instructions, communicate clearly, and write legibly.
- The person in this position requires effective communications. Must be able to exchange accurate information in varying situations.
- Has the ability to work well with others.
- Has patience with those with disabilities.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- Practices good personal hygiene.
- Demonstrates good observational skills and sound judgment.
- Is competent in the skills and duties of an Overnight Caregiver.
Required Education and Experience
- At least one (1) years’ experience working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities required.
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position without benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to: [email protected]. Please use “Overnight Caregiver” as your email subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.