From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, Jewish Family and Children’s Services is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
Founded in 1850, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is one of the oldest and largest human service agencies in the United States. We are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for everyone, community responsibility, inter-generational ties, and repairing the world.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
JOB TITLE: HR Generalist
REPORTS TO: Director of HR
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time, with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals and gain experience in the world of People Operations. The HR Generalist will serve as one of the primary points of contact for employee HR services, and directly supports the People Operations team. This role will have a high touch on all aspects of HR operations, including onboarding and offboarding, benefits administration, employee support and communications, HR systems maintenance and will be heavily involved in helping shape and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions. The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized and has the aptitude for working well with people and will play a key role in making JFCS a great place to for everybody to work by bringing a positive outlook, people skills and organization skills to the table.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be the “face” of HR and ensure our people have the tools, resources, and knowledge to perform their important work at JFCS
- Employee Lifecycle Coordination – partnering with the HR team, support new hires, position changes, and transitions out of the organization
- Serves as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures
- Resolve basic issues as appropriate and refer other issues to the HR team for resolution
- Expert in leading compliance with labor law, HR systems and reporting
- Benefits Administration, lead open enrollment, including HR system administration, data accuracy of benefits information, program renewals, communications, etc.
- Ensure plan compliance with regulatory filings, notices, ACA mandates, plan audits
- Maintain integrity and accurate information in the HRIS system, including new hires, transfers, terminations, and any qualifying event changes
- Interfaces with payroll department to ensure proper benefits deductions or payments are made on a timely basis
- Assist in developing and updating HR Policies and Procedures
- Contribute to providing a great experience for employees while enhancing our values
- Communicate professionally with employees, maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field
- SHRM-CP or PHR certified is preferred
- Minimum of 2-4 years human resources and benefits administration experience required
- Experience with Paylocity or HRIS Implementation is highly desired
- Business writing ability with strong spelling, punctuation and grammar is required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Must be adept in using pivot tables and creating and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel
- Demonstrated success in building effective relationships, creating productive working relationships with peers and colleagues
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.