Who we are:
JFCS is the oldest nonprofit in California and has been assisting residents of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties since it was founded in 1850. Through more than 40 high-quality, research-based social and educational programs, JFCS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds. With programs ranging from providing home care for seniors to sponsoring new parent workshops, from offering services for people with disabilities to providing therapy for children, from supporting victims of domestic abuse to delivering food to those in need, we are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for all, community responsibility, intergenerational ties, and repairing the world.
Our Career Opportunity:
JOB TITLE: HR Generalist
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of HR
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time, with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Join our team of passionate and dedicated professionals and gain experience in the world of People Operations. The HR Generalist will serve as one of the primary points of contact for employee HR services and directly supports the People Operations team. This role will have a high touch on all aspects of HR operations, including onboarding and offboarding, benefits administration, employee support and communications, HR systems maintenance, and will be heavily involved in helping shape and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions. The ideal candidate is highly responsible, and organized and has the aptitude for working well with people, and will play a key role in making JFCS a great place for everybody to work by bringing a positive outlook, people skills, and organizational skills to the table.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary Range $80,000-$95,000
- Employer 403(b) retirement match plus additional employer contribution (subject to eligibility)
- Cafeteria plan with medical, dental, vision, FSA, Employer-paid life, and disability insurance
- 16 holidays (10 federal and up to 6 Jewish holidays), annually
- 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave, annually
Who you are:
- Can be the “face” of HR and ensure our people have the tools, resources, and knowledge to perform their important work at JFCS
- Employee Lifecycle Coordination – partnering with the HR team, support new hires, position changes, and transitions out of the organization
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills be a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures
- You can resolve basic issues as appropriate and refer other issues to the HR team for resolution
- You have a thorough understanding in labor laws, HR systems and reporting
- You have experience in Benefits Administration, lead open enrollment, including HR system administration, data accuracy of benefits information, program renewals, communications, etc.
- You can ensure plan compliance with regulatory filings, notices, ACA mandates, plan audits
- You are focused on maintaining integrity and accurate information in the HRIS system, including new hires, transfers, terminations, and any qualifying event changes
- You can interfaces with payroll department to ensure proper benefits deductions or payments are made on a timely basis
- You can assist in developing and updating HR Policies and Procedures
- You can communicate professionally with employees, maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- You have bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field
- You have preferably have a SHRM-CP or PHR certified
- You have 2-4 years human resources and benefits administration experience
- You have preferably have experience with Paylocity or HRIS Implementation is highly desired
- You have business writing ability with strong spelling, punctuation and grammar
- You have intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- You have Must be adept in using pivot tables and creating and maintaining spreadsheets in Excel
- You have demonstrated success in building effective relationships, creating productive working relationships with peers and colleagues
- You have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
If the above resonates with you, we’d like to hear from you!
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.