Gift and Data Processor
Under the supervision of the Senior Database Administrator, performs data entry, gift processing and reporting functions in support of a wide range of fundraising and publicity activities for the Development and Marketing Department. The Gift and Data Processor understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Senior Database Administrator and the Donor Services Associate to monitor and ensure the accuracy of gift and donor information entry.
- Functions as a second Data Processor (performing gift and pledge entry and automated generation of donor acknowledgments).
- Processes special gifts, such as those involving stock transfers and Donor Advised Fund transfers.
- Produces all top donor acknowledgement letters through Raiser’s Edge and mail merge.
- Cooperates with Development colleagues to identify and generate special donor acknowledgments as needed.
- Manages in-kind gifts, including entry and acknowledgements.
- Performs other data input into the donor database, including name and address changes, in-kind gifts, and donor and prospect demographic information.
- Supports the Senior Database Administrator with list production, as needed.
- Performs other database support tasks, as assigned.
Administrative Support for Development
- Assists in acknowledgement letter writing.
- Proofreads and edits donor correspondence as assigned.
- Fields donor phone calls and emails, and other inquiries about the processing of gifts.
- Fulfills tribute cards and letters.
- Manages VIP Tribute list and assures VIP recognition on milestone occasions.
- Assists with preparation of large donor-solicitation mailings, as assigned.
- Ensures information is archived properly including duplicating copies, filing, scanning, and distributing as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent administrative, and office management skills preferred. This includes, but not limited to, word processing, mail merging, proofreading, and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and precise attention to detail.
- Tact and cooperation in dealing with other staff, donors, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment while working independently and responsibly with general direction.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, given the workload fluctuations inherent in the position and department.
Required Education and Experience
- BA desirable.
- Experience with applications of MS Office.
- At least 1-2 years data entry experience and familiarity with sophisticated database software such as Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; and life and disability insurance.
Please apply here:
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.