Facilities and Tech Assistant/Driver
Under the supervision of the Officer Manager of the Peninsula Region, the Facilities and Tech Assistant/Driver provides facilities related and technical support services, including meeting room set up at the Peninsula offices in Palo Alto and San Mateo and transporting of clients. The Facilities and Tech Assistant/Driver is trained in security and emergency procedures and works with staff to maintain up to date first aid supplies and emergency related supplies; oversees the donation center process and works with Facilities staff following procedures to store and distribute items in a timely and efficient manner. The Tech Assistant/Driver understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and grant-funded guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as onsite facilities, technical assistant and driver for the Peninsula Region (Palo Alto and San Mateo offices).
- Maintains security procedures and is responsible for ensuring that camera’s, the garage door, alarm systems and other security systems are maintained and operational for both offices.
- Sets up and tears down rooms and AV equipment for both offices (including laptop computers, projectors, video conference equipment and speakers) for day and evening meetings as scheduled in Outlook; reviews room schedules regularly and ensure rooms are clean and operable.
- Sets up new employee workstations and clears out departing employee workstations for both offices.
- Works with Peninsula staff to maintain the offices in accordance with JFCS standards, provides routine maintenance of agency buildings, including furniture, floor surfaces, lamp replacement for lighting fixtures, staff rooms, meeting rooms, library, bathrooms and other common areas as necessary and reports major items to management for corrective action.
- Supports the region’s Donated Goods program including maintaining donations areas, moving donated goods, maintaining inventories of goods brought to storage, and occasionally delivering donated goods to clients or picking up donated goods from donors.
- Serves as a driver for the Agency four-passenger/wheelchair accessible van and coordinates pick-ups and deliveries of primarily senior citizens within the schedule of other activities included in this job description. Participates in the preventative maintenance schedule for JFCS vehicles.
- Serves as driver for wheelchair bound or frail clients as part of JFCS RIDES program; serves as a driver for the Food Bank on the peninsula and the SF region when needed.
- Practices safety measures and standard driving procedures.
- Participates in training programs as required by agency for carrying out duties of job. Serves as part of the team that prepares for agency disaster preparations, emergency procedures and will attend meetings and trainings, conducted by both the agency and county organizations.
- Serves as back up receptionist at front desk, on an as needed basis.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and works cooperatively with all involved staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Helps with office errands and other related tasks as identified.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with basic trades such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing.
- Demonstrated ability to set up and use office equipment required (computers, photocopiers, postage meters, etc.).
- Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with others, to set priorities appropriately, to work effectively under time constraints, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of, and/or sensitivity to, the provision of social services.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of three years (3) in facilities, housekeeping, or janitorial service required.
- High school diploma required. Additional education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Valid California Driver’s License and good driving record required.
This is a part-time, non-exempt, non-benefited position. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; and life and disability insurance.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please be aware that JFCS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. JFCS is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.