Clinical Therapist (Seniors Program)
The Clinical Therapist position is a contributing member of our clinical team at Seniors at Home, a nationally recognized senior service program of JFCS. This role provides solution-focused clinical services to the senior population provided in a clinical setting, in clients’ homes, and virtually.
Who Are We?
As a problem-solving center for residents of San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is a lifeline for children, families, and older adults facing personal crises and challenges. We have over 40 programs, including home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
JFCS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds with our comprehensive system of care. Our professional teams bring years of experience to every client who walks through the door. As a national leader in developing innovative human services, JFCS incorporates the latest research and best practices to ensure everyone gets the highest quality services and care.
Founded in 1850, JFCS is one of the oldest and largest human service non-profit agencies in the United States. We are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for everyone, community responsibility, inter-generational ties, and repairing the world.
Who Are You?
- Preferably have a LCSW or licensed psychologist
- Have clinical knowledge and skills in providing time-limited treatment to diverse client groups
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, their families and community representatives
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have dedication to a philosophy of service that reflects social work principles and methodology in practice
- Have a driver’s license and car
- Have a minimum of one year experience working with the elderly
- Knowledgeable and experienced in time sensitive service provision
What Will You Do?
- Effectively represents Jewish Family and Children’s Services and its Seniors At Home division with prospective clients and families, in order to engage clients and families in service
- Carries assigned caseload of senior clients, providing therapy interventions as appropriate to client’s needs
- Conducts evaluation and assessment, and provides supportive and concrete services, psychotherapy
- Responds to all clients and prospective clients promptly to set up, as appropriate, an initial in office or home visit
- Implements a thorough assessment of each client’s needs
- Provides clinical consultation services to clients, their families, caregivers, and other collateral resources as indicated
- Formulates goals and treatment plans and all documentation per JFCS and grant funders’ standards
- Completes administrative duties necessary to carry out clinical responsibilities in a timely fashion
- Participates in scheduled clinical supervision and all meetings
- Meets fee and service goals established in the annual work plan in areas assigned
- Complies with the JFCS Policy and Procedures Manual, including but not limited to performing duties necessary to carry out clinical responsibilities, programmatic work plans, financial assistance guidelines and record keeping
Why Work at JFCS?
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- Great Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Part-time position (full-time position may also be available)
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.