Caregivers: Seniors At Home (Peninsula Region)
Caregivers provide compassionate support and comprehensive services to help seniors live safe, healthy, and independent lives in their own homes.
Who Are We?
Seniors At Home is a division of Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties.
As a problem-solving center for residents of San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Santa Clara, and San Mateo counties, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is a lifeline for children, families, and older adults facing personal crises and challenges. We have over 40 programs, including home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
Who Are You?
- Have a minimum of 12 months of home care experience or CNA/CHHA certification
- Have reliable transportation, driver’s license, and auto insurance
- Can provide non-medical home care services
- Are self-directing with the ability to work independently
- Have the ability to work well with others, including a Health Care Team
- Have patience with and empathy for the ill, injured, frail, and those with disabilities
- Are flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation
- Demonstrates good observational skills and sound judgment
- Are a local candidate
- Have the COVID-19 vaccination card by date of hire (JFCS will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law)
What Will You Do?
- Personal care
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Palliative and end of life care
- Dementia care
- Respite care
Why Work at Seniors At Home?
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- Available shifts from 4 to 24 hours (We will work with your schedule)
- Pay is $17.50 – $18.29 per hour for hourly shifts and $318.24 for 24-hour care
- Great perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation
24/7 on-call support
Paid training including Dementia Care
Health benefits (you must work an average of 30 hours per week in order to be eligible)
Holiday pay = 1.5x
Paid sick leave
403 (b) Retirement plan
Access to JFCS services
Bonuses for referring other caregivers
Opportunities for employee of the month gift card
Excited to Apply?
For further information:
- Call at Jennifer Diocares at (650)688-3063
- To apply in person our address is 200 Channing Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301(M – F, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm)
- Email [email protected]
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.