Associate Marketing Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Associate Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing our social media channels for JFCS’ Center for Children and Youth and delivering a range of marketing materials to engage and support parents. This position is for a creative, organized individual who will produce engaging, original content across social media, web, email, and other digital channels that speaks to our audiences and drives actions to support our mission and goals.
The Associate Marketing Manager understands and assists in meeting the mission, service and budget goals of Jewish Family and Children’s Services, and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates marketing operations for the Center for Children and Youth’s Parents Place program. Receives requests for marketing from the Parents Place team and project manages deliverables such as brochures, flyers, event promotions, videos, e-newsletters, advertising, and other communications.
- Acts as community manager for the Center for Children and Youth (CCY)’s social media channels. With the CCY Marketing Manager, develop and execute a social media strategy that will help us grow our audiences, increase engagement, and drive inquiries for our services.
- Crafts compelling written and visual content including blogs, videos, ‘live’ broadcasts, and whitepapers, and promote across a variety of social platforms. Partners with our in-house designers to develop social media assets and campaigns.
- Partners with the CCY Marketing Manager to develop integrated, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and to oversee the vendors who manage our paid social advertising.
- Identifies and builds relationships with key influencers in the parenting, child development, and advocacy worlds who share our values and desire to support our community.
- Produces bi-weekly newsletters to parents and CCY stakeholders; report monthly on performance with support from the marketing manager, and run A/B tests to continuously improve results.
- Develops other email marketing campaigns as assigned.
- Produces monthly reports on social media and email marketing activity. Apply learnings to future campaigns.
- Supports with the promotion of online events and workshops. Set up tracking links, work with our admin team to review our event listings and ensure they are engaging, accurate, and professional.
- Meets agency standards for performance by delivering all work to a high quality standard and including goals set for services and fees.
- Complies with the JFCS Policy and Procedures Manual, Workforce Computer Use and Security Policy and IT Professional Policy Manual, as well as agency policy and procedures for health and safety standards of all JFCS facilities.
- Maintains good working relationships with all staff to help the whole JFCS Agency operate as a positive, coordinated unit.
- Supports the JFCS Marketing Department and undertake other duties/projects as assigned by the Marketing and Communications Director, Executive Director and executive leadership.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing and editing abilities. Advanced creative writing experience with an ability to translate our brand into copy that drives desired actions.
- Strong organizational skills, and demonstrated experience coordinating projects and producing deliverables on time.
- Stellar communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to thrive while working in a complex organizational environment or agency.
- A passion for social media and marketing, and an eagerness to learn, grow, and take on more responsibilities.
- Excited about getting to know our audiences, to empathize with them and understand their needs.
- Adaptable; ability to respond quickly and efficiently to unplanned projects and assignments.
- Knowledge of Jewish community traditions and organizational life is desirable.
Required Education and Experience
- 3 plus (3+) years of professional experience in social media and/or digital marketing, and in executing digital campaigns that deliver results.
- BA degree in marketing, communications, advertising, business, or equivalent experience.
- Past success in planning, creating, and measuring effectiveness of social media campaigns. Demonstrated ability to develop engaging content such as blogs, videos, and graphics.
- Bonus: A familiarity with marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Eventbrite, and Asana, as well as experience with marketing in the parenting and/or child development arenas.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave; 403(b) plan; life and disability insurance.
Please apply here:
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OFFERED FOR THIS ROLE***
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.