Associate Director of Youth Programs and Services
Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is a lifeline for children, families, and older adults facing personal crises and challenges. As one of the Bay Area’s largest and most trusted nonprofit human service agencies, we help people of all faiths and backgrounds through our comprehensive system of care. Families turn to JFCS for everything from home care for seniors, to therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
JOB TITLE: Associate Director of Youth Programs and Services – YouthFirst Dept.
REPORTS TO: Director of Youth Programs and Services
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
JFCS is thrilled to be hiring for this exciting new position. We are looking for an experienced professional to lead our dynamic team, which is built around a culture of support and collaboration. You will be responsible for overseeing YouthFirst’s programmatic work, holding us to our strategic vision in order to strengthen our impact. Our innovative programs help teens develop the necessary life skills to move into young adulthood smoothly, successfully, and responsibly through a Jewish values-based lens. These include Jewish service learning, leadership skills development, and internship opportunities coupled with career exploration.
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- An opportunity to lead a dynamic, creative and collaborative team of Jewish youth professionals
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- Receive regular mentorship, training and feedback for professional growth
- Opportunities to facilitate learning on relevant areas of interest in our professional team
- Create powerful relationships with community leaders within our agency and beyond in the local Jewish and broader community
- 15 holidays total (Includes 9 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation & 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Cafeteria Plan
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee program design and implementation, and articulate clear goals and objectives
- Supervise Youth Program staff across our four regions, fostering a spirit of teamwork that allows for cultivating ideas, appreciation of diversity, and creating a cohesive and successful team
- Design interactive and meaningful curriculum for teen workshops and impactful service-learning events, incorporating Jewish values and tradition/texts
- Train staff and supports their growth as creative Jewish educators
- As a highly visible “connector” across Jewish teen settings throughout the Bay Area, collaborate with Jewish organizations to deliver high-quality Jewish programming
- Experienced and energetic manager and collaborator, and love working with a team to solve problems and try new things
- You see community service as a Jewish responsibility and are excited to help others see this as well
- Skilled at infusing experiential learning with Jewish values and traditions
- Believe that teens have the potential to change the world
- Comfortable with the idea that social change occurs through multiple modalities, including volunteering, education, advocacy and Jewish service learning
- 5+ years experience working with teens in a Jewish formal or informal educational or volunteer setting, and 3 years’ experience supervising staff
- Work occasional weekends and evenings
- Work onsite at JFCS’s office in San Francisco
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered
EXCITED TO APPLY?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.