Associate Director of Marketing
The Associate Director of Marketing will drive marketing operations for JFCS’ marketing and communications department. This position’s focus will be on strategic content development, planning, and digital marketing for JFCS and our many programs. The Associate Director develops integrated marketing campaigns, analyzes results, and drives communications that help us reach our marketing and fundraising goals.
Who Are We?
Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is a lifeline for children, families and older adults facing personal crises and challenges. As one of the Bay Area’s largest and most trusted nonprofit human service agencies, we help people of all faiths and backgrounds through our comprehensive system of care. Families turn to JFCS for everything from home care for seniors, to therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
Who Are You?
- 8+ years of professional marketing experience developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns across multiple channels (social media, email, search)
- BA degree in marketing, communications, advertising, journalism, business, or equivalent knowledge or experience
- 4+ years of project management experience, working with various internal and external resources
- A master of creating, recycling, reusing, and repackaging content
- Conceptual talent, able to think big, be innovative and collaborate with designers and other writers
- Possess an obsessive level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills; an ability to write clear and compelling copy
- Able to multi-task and still meet deadlines, prioritize and manage complex tasks, work independently and under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment
- Deadline driven and able to work evenings and weekends if needed
- Excited about getting to know our audiences, empathizing with them, and understanding their needs
- Adaptable; willingness to seek answers and solutions when they are not readily apparent or available
- Can work onsite at JFCS’s HQ office in San Francisco a min. of 2 days/week
- Have the COVID-19 Vaccination card by date of hire (JFCS will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law)
- Preferably have:
- Experience using MailChimp, WordPress, Asana, Sprout, or similar digital tools
What Will You Do?
- Drive marketing operations, including project management of deliverables such as brochures, flyers, event invitations, videos, reports, and other communications for multiple internal programs
- Serve as primary contact for project requests to marketing from internal programs as assigned; route work requests and assure they are completed by deadlines
- Work closely and cooperatively with Agency staff to support the achievement of JFCS goals
- Understand and work to achieve department and agency financial plans and budget requirements
- Assist the Director with maintaining a master marketing calendar for the agency, to forecast workflow, timelines, and operations across all internal programs
- Develop strategies and execute tactics to increase awareness of JFCS’ programs via social media, email, advertising, and more; measure and analyze success and make recommendations for future projects
- Manage content across communications channels and across marketing calendars; create content messaging maps to support campaigns for different service areas/programs
- Write and edit content for both print and digital initiatives, with a primary focus on digital assets such as email, social media, video, and web content; coordinate with writers and bloggers to create content; maintain editorial calendars
- Produce a range of email communications, including JFCS’ monthly Enews, to increase engagement with JFCS and internal programs. Report on email performance and execute strategies to grow our email lists
- Develop tools and resources to improve internal communications at JFCS and facilitate opportunities for cross-promotion across the agency
- Educate and empower support staff so they can produce their own great marketing materials
Why Work at JFCS?
- Be part of an organization that helps over 120,000 people each year
- Financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Great perks and benefits including competitive compensation; medical, dental, vision, and other benefits; 403(b) retirement contribution (subject to eligibility requirements); Jewish holidays off and more.
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.