From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
JOB TITLE: Administrative Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Administrative Operations Director
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time, with benefits
JOB LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA
The Administrative Receptionist is knowledgeable in providing information to individuals inquiring about all programs/services offered by JFCS Administrative Receptionist’s responsibility is to provide administrative support to therapists, associates, managers, directors, and additional office executives. This includes but is not limited to greeting guests, handling catering, managing conference room scheduling, checking in clients, managing payment, and assisting with team events and programs. The Administrative Receptionist partners closely with the Administrative Operations Director to maintain office and kitchen supplies, scanning, copying, distributing documents, assisting with filing and organizational projects, and keeping the public space clean and organized.
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- 16 holidays total (Includes 9 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation & 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Cafeteria Plan
- Pay range $25 – $27 per hour
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Welcomes our guests, volunteers, and staff, anticipates their needs, assists with arrival, office orientation, and departure – responds promptly and creates a positive and memorable experience with a warm and welcoming environment
- Knowledgeable of the agency programs offered to the community and appropriately refers individuals to applicable children, adults, and seniors-at-home programs as needed and provides basic information about programs/services
- Ensuring that confidential files and financial documents are out of public view and that the guest lobby is clean, clutter-free, and meets the professional and safety standards established by the Agency
- Assists with food bank pick-up; organizes grocery bags in the front area of the office for volunteers to pick up
- Assists with the process of receiving/recording donations, usage/maintenance of the food bank, and/or other agency services
- Collects payments from clients efficiently and accurately, records transactions, prepares bank deposits, handles petty cash transactions, prepares reports, and maintains accurate records
- Review & reconcile client history statements, client accounts, and communicate regarding the status of client accounts
- Manages the Master Outlook Reception Desk calendar system; monitors up to 10 staff calendars daily; transfer their appointments to the Master Reception Desk Calendar, noting appointments kept, cancellations, and payment taken
- Performs duties including making copies, setting up meeting spaces, greeting the public, accepting client payments, the directing public to appropriate workshops or events, and ensuring meeting spaces are ready for future use
- Uses agency database management information system to routinely enter client registrations; track client progress and participation and generate reports
- Sets up and maintains a well-organized electronic file folder system to use and/or share files on select network drives
- Assists to order office supplies and maintains an orderly office supply inventory and space
- 2 years of previous Reception/Administrative support experience in a professional environment is required
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook is required
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Work & Excel is preferred
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail, adept in prioritization of varied tasks to meet deadlines and maintain a well-functioning office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn the different programs offered by JFCS and the innate ability to appropriately communicate the programs to individuals and clients with utmost care and compassion
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of the support team and to take initiative
- Previous experience in a demanding and competing deadline-driven environment is a must
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize diverse demands
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot if needed, required office equipment ie., postage meter, various printers, coffee machine, security computer software, laminating device, etc.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
EXCITED TO APPLY?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.