Adoption Connection Program Assistant
The Adoption Connection Program Assistant is an important part of JFCS’ nonprofit licensed adoption agency, Adoption Connection. The Program Assistant will assist in all aspects of supporting the running of the Adoption Connection office in San Francisco.
Who Are We?
Adoption Connection is a 40+ year licensed adoption agency that is a division of Jewish Family and Children’s Services of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties. In addition, Adoption Coordinators travel throughout the entire Northern half of California to provide services.
JFCS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds with our comprehensive system of care. Our professional teams bring years of experience to every client who walks through the door. As a national leader in developing innovative human services, JFCS incorporates the latest research and best practices to ensure everyone gets the highest quality services and care.
Who Are You?
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Have 3+ of direct administrative support experience
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and maturity
- Have effective communication with clients, JFCS staff, and outside customers and or vendors
- Can exchange accurate information in varying situations
- Have the ability to work tactfully and in cooperation with staff, clients (adoptive families and birth families), and diverse professionals, i.e., medical, adoption agencies, court clerks, and government employees
- Area highly organized person who enjoys completing projects with exceptional attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment with daily changing and competing deadlines and responsibilities.
- Have the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, as required to meet job duties and responsibilities
- Have intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Are proficient with WordPress, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, and Adobe Suite
- Can work onsite at JFCS’s office in San Francisco
- Have the COVID-19 Vaccination card by date of hire (JFCS will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law)
- Preferably have:
- Have interest in social services management and social work; professional and/or personal experience with adoption
What Will You Do?
- Provides exceptional customer service to the community that contacts the agency. Answering general phone calls and directing messages to the appropriate person
- Enters data into agency database and CRM system
- Greets and interacts with clients during in-person meetings.
- Supports the case file management of the agency
- Supports caseworkers and coordinates services to clients.
- Coordinates the outreach program onboarding and off-boarding process of home study clients
- Creates online accounts for outreach clients and manages existing online profiles
- Communicates with clients in writing and by phone on behalf of the administrative manager
- Manages Adoption Connection social media accounts (Instagram & Facebook) and creates weekly content in collaboration with JFCS social media team
- Attends monthly social media and marketing meetings
- Assists with managing client mailing lists associated with the outreach newsletter and presentation quarterly updates
- Manages MailChimp and In-house client lists for case management and outreach newsletter
- Researches adoption-related issues and trends
- Prepares and updates printed materials for adoption orientation and workshops
- Supports the tracking and filing of invoices with the finance and accounting department
- Schedules and manages zoom account for weekly staff meetings and in-person client meetings
Why Work at JFCS?
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- Great Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- 15 holidays total (Includes 9 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation time per year
- 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurances, Employee Assistance Program, and commuter benefits
- Educational Leave
- Access to JFCS services
- Full-time and non-exempt position
Excited to Apply?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.