Donor Advised Funds
JFCS Donor Advised Funds provide a meaningful and effective way to achieve your charitable goals. Whether you want to give back, share your philanthropic values with your family, or build a legacy, JFCS’ professional staff will manage the administration and financial reporting of your Fund so you can focus your energy on giving to the organizations you find most worthwhile.
A contribution of $10,000 creates your own private “mini-foundation,” allowing you to take a tax deduction today and make recommendations – now or in the future – for the distribution of your Fund’s earnings or principal, either to JFCS programs or to other qualifying charities.
How It Works
- With a gift to JFCS of $10,000 or more in cash, securities, or property, you can create a Donor Advised Fund. There is an easy-to-complete agreement to set up your Fund.
- JFCS invests the monies prudently, and will provide you with quarterly reports of your Fund’s status.
- You make fund distribution recommendations at your convenience to support programs at JFCS or other charities (minimum $100). Recommendations can be made through our simple online form or by emailing or faxing JFCS.
How You Benefit
- Your Fund can simplify and streamline your philanthropy by serving as the primary source for your charitable giving.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction based on the full fair market value of the assets in your Fund and avoid capital gains.
- You can make gifts to your Fund at a time that optimizes your tax benefits without having to make distribution recommendations at that time.
- The Fund assets grow tax-free, and are professionally managed.
Start a new JFCS Donor Advised Fund today. Contact Barbara Farber at 415-449-3858 or [email protected].