College Financial Readiness Series Part II
January 9, 2018 to January 15, 2018
FINDING AND SAVING MONEY FOR COLLEGE WORKSHOP
JFCS’ Financial Aid Center and YouthFirst are joining forces to help high school students and their parents start thinking about financing college in this simultaneous two-track workshop. Open to all parents and high school-aged teens.
What Can You Do to Help Lower the Costs of Your Teen’s Desired College?
Be prepared before your teen’s incoming college acceptances and financial aid packages are on the table. Learn important financial moves to make now, so your teen can afford to attend their dream school. Our workshop will address the following questions:
- What can you realistically afford to spend for college?
- What are some additional income sources you can use for college?
- How important is it for your teen to apply for internships, scholarships, or work-study?
- When should you consider a financial aid appeal to a given college?
How to Save for College … and Life!
Money doesn’t grow on trees (or parents). Eventually the parental buck will stop—then what? Join us as Financial Consultant Josh Bennett shares his wisdom, tips and financial tricks. Even if you’ve heard him speak before, there’s always more to learn, including, how to:
- Start good money habits now
- Identify your financial goals for college and after
- Achieve your financial goals
Sign Up for a Workshop Near You:
- Wed., Jan. 9, 6:15 – 7:45 pm in San Francisco >
- Thurs., Jan 10, 6:15 – 7:45 pm in Palo Alto >
- Tues., Jan 15, 6:15 – 7:45 pm in San Mateo >
Enjoy a light dinner starting at 5:45 pm.
We encourage all 9th – 12th graders and their parents to attend. Teens and parents are also welcome to come on their own.