Advance Health Care Directive Planning in San Rafael
San Rafael 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
August 10, 2017
Ask yourself, “What matters most?” and give your loved ones the gift of a specific plan that honors your wishes. At the completion of this workshop you will leave with a notarized advanced directive.
When: Thursdays, August 10 & 24, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Where: JFCS Marin Office, 600 5Th Ave., San Rafael, CA 94101
Cost: $40 per person (attendance at both series is required)
It’s About How You L.I.V.E.
LEARN about being an advocate for yourself and others; learn about options for advance directives
IMPLEMENT a meaningful personalized plan
VOICE the plan to those who need to understand your feelings and wishes
ENGAGE others to live fully, knowing that the greatest gift we give our loved ones is to have our wishes discussed and assured
- Basic overview of Healthcare advocacy and healthcare decisions as we age
- Palliative Care—what is it? Where do we get it?
- Overview of Advance Directives for Health Care including different types of documents
- Understand the difference between an Advance Directive for Healthcare, a Living Will, a Durable Power of Attorney, a POLST form and a DNR order
- Questions and answers regarding issues about end of life care
Importance of Self-care
Guidance and assistance in creating, completing or revising and finalizing an Advance Directive for Healthcare
Completed documents notarized for free!
At the completion of the two day workshop you will leave with a notarized advanced directive.