RN Home Care Supervisor—Peninsula Region
Under the supervision of the Director of Seniors At Home, the RN Home Care Supervisor assists in the resolution of client and caregiver matters; provides skilled nursing services for Licensed Care clients; provides assessment and oversight of care planning for Private Duty clients; and assists with program supervision, coordination and oversight.
The RN Home Care Supervisor understands the mission and goals of the Agency and the Seniors At Home division, and works within the limitations of Agency resources to meet Agency standards for performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
Licensed Care Services
- Complies with all Title XXII Home Health Agency regulations and the Nurse Practice Act in the provision of skilled nursing services.
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process for Licensed Skilled Care clients. Assesses and evaluates client’s status and revises plan of care as necessary. Discusses changes with the client or family/caregiver and reports changes, as necessary, to the attending physician.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques and maintains communication regarding client care with the physician and supervisory personnel.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding client’s condition and care given.
- Recommends as appropriate use of other disciplines (e.g. physical therapist, occupational therapist, medical social, speech therapist) to the physician in order to facilitate client care.
- Teaches the client and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with clients and families/caregivers.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
Private Duty Services
- Performs the initial home care assessment in the client’s home. When requested, arranges for a pre-discharge facility assessment.
- Explains all home care service policies to the client, including rates of service, billing options, HIPAA Privacy; and obtains signature of acknowledgement.
- Based on the needs assessment and in conjunction with the client/family, completes an individualized Care Plan.
- Completes all initial client paperwork and initiates the Client Registration process.
- Coordinates home care services and care plan implementation with the staffing team.
- Orients, trains, and supervises caregivers in San Mateo and Palo Alto.
- Resolves client and caregivers matters in order to provide high quality care to clients and their families.
- Implements Total Quality Supervises the VA Homemaker/Home Health Aide program, ensuring compliance with all service and reporting requirements.
- Participates in the supervision, orientation, training, and continuing education of home care aides.
- Implements Total Quality Management activities relating to client satisfaction, compliance with Agency paperwork renewal, incident reporting, and the annual home health agency program evaluation.
Customer Satisfaction, Community Outreach
- Works cooperatively and flexibly with other staff to insure that clients’ needs are met.
- Provides post-placement follow-up per department policy, including addressing clients’ questions/concerns, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Promotes private duty home care through regular community contacts and follow-up with referral sources.
- Participates in marketing and community outreach activities as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Accepts on call and weekend assignments as requested.
- Meets Agency standards for performance and complies with the JFCS Policy and Procedures Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Good body mechanics in the area of lifting, carrying, bending, stooping, pushing or pulling.
- Walking, standing, twisting and bending for brief periods of time.
- Required to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- May be required to come in contact with clients with infectious diseases or receiving radiation therapy.
- Regular driving of an automobile.
- Regular use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, mouse or calculator.
- Visual ability to read documents and computer monitor.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office environment or community home environment.
- This position requires effective communication with clients, JFCS staff, and outside vendors. Must be able to exchange accurate information in varying situations.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred, and currently licensed as a registered nurse in California.
- Has at least one year’s general nursing experience, with current home health, medical, surgical, or critical care experience. Teaching non-professionals a plus.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health clearance including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by the organization’s policy.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Possesses excellent observation, good nursing judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision; has good organizational skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
- Possesses a strong commitment to providing responsive services to the community and ability to establish excellent rapport with client’s staff and community workers.
- Has a strong service orientation and ability to work with well with people.
- Proven ability to use the computer, including Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently and as part of a working group.
Continuing Education Requirements
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, agency personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All agency personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
This is a full time, salaried, exempt position with benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; life and disability insurance.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with RN Home Care Supervisor—Peninsula Region in your subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.