Home Care Recruiter—Seniors At Home, Peninsula Region
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of the Seniors At Home Program, the Homecare Recruiter is responsible for recruiting an adequate pool of qualified home care attendants throughout all home care branches and assisting with employment functions such as the interviewing and orientation of attendants.
The Recruiting and Staffing Specialist understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements an attendant recruitment plan to ensure an adequate pool of qualified home care attendants throughout all regions, which includes San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma County and the Peninsula, with a focus on the Peninsula.
- Works with the Recruiting and Employment Specialist, Staffing Coordinators, and Home care Supervisors to identify recruitment needs, including geographic targets and caregiver skill levels.
- Identifies and fosters partnerships with outside organizations that provide job training and job placement programs and maintains an on-site presence, as allowed.
- Ensures representation of Seniors At Home at applicable job fairs and home care aide/CNA/CHHA graduations in all regions.
- Coordinates and interviews prospective attendants, including preliminary screening of prospective attendants, checking references, and coordinating with the Recruiter and Employment Specialist to process new employee paperwork, including the Livescan process and the completion of health physical and TB clearance.
- Provides support to the Recruiting and Employment Specialist including working in San Francisco as requested.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficacy of recruitment ads and the referral incentive program.
- Enters and maintains attendant information and referral source information in the appropriate databases.
- Evaluates weekly recruitment efforts, compiles data in reports, analyzes data to direct recruitment strategy, and communicates findings to Seniors At Home management team.
- Communicates with prospective employees and referral sources the mission of Seniors At Home and the benefits of employment with the Agency.
- Coordinates, organizes and directs efforts to represent Seniors At Home favorably in the private and public sector employment community.
- Understands and works to achieve budget and SAH service goals and meets Agency standards for performance.
- Conducts individual and group orientation for new attendant employees.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of Seniors At Home marketing strategy and participates in Seniors At Home management meetings as appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office environment.
- College degree or equivalent work experience in human resources field.
- Experience in home health industry preferred.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people in a supportive and cooperative manner.
- Ability to work accurately and in a timely fashion to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with all files and records.
- Desire to work in a social service setting.
This is a full time, non-exempt position with benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. We offer a robust array of benefits including: medical, dental, and vision coverage; paid holidays; paid vacation and sick leave; 403(b) plan; life and disability insurance.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Homecare Recruiter- Peninsula in your subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.