Driver/Janitor—Cleanerific, San Francisco
50% of time as a driver and 50% of time as janitor / housekeeper
Full-time (40 hours/week) with benefits
Department: Cleanerific, a program of JFCS
Location: 2150 Post Street, San Francisco
Reports to: Director of the Cleaning Service
Join our wonderful Cleanerific team! The Driver / Janitor drives cleaning crews to homes and businesses throughout San Francisco in a timely and safe manner. When not driving a van, he/she will perform cleaning duties with the housekeeping staff.
No cleaning experience? No problem! We are looking for motivated people to be part of our house and business cleaning service. We will train you.
Cleanerific is a program of Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS), dedicated to providing a true living wage and fully-paid health insurance to our full-time staff. Our employees tell us that our warm community of cleaners is more like a family then a company.
Full-time employees receive fully paid medical from Kaiser and Chinese Hospital, paid time off, and holiday pay.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reliable, safe driver. Will drive approximately 20-25 miles per shift, 4 to 5 days a week
- Current California Driver’s license and clean DMV record (required)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Friendly with customers and staff; can communicate in English
- Team player
- Six months of professional driving experience (preferred)
- Lift up to 25 lbs and carry 15 lbs up a flight of stairs
- Walk up and down 2 flights of stairs
- Bend forward and be able to twist left and right at the waist, kneel down on one or both knees
- Stand for extended periods of time
JFCS reviews all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an equal opportunity employer.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position with benefits. To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements listed above.
Please send resume to [email protected] and write “Driver / Janitor” in the subject line of your email.