HR Generalist – San Francisco
Who are you?
JFCS is looking for a bright and personable HR Generalist who is motivated and passionate about growing their career in HR! As the HR Generalist you will work closely with the Director of HR to create a great place to work for our employees. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication/written skills, solid business sense, high initiative and someone who wants to dive in and support the HR team across many important functional areas.
What you’ll be working on:
The HR Generalist will be responsible for a full range of employee relations support. Your duties will include:
- Manage day-to-day on-boarding activities, from job posting, to managing background check clearance, and facilitating of on-boarding meetings, to production and routing of employment documents.
- Entering and maintaining employee information into our HRIS on a timely basis. Provides HRIS and ETM support to staff regarding logins and password recoveries and responds to staff on basic technical issues regarding the company HRIS and Time and Attendance issues.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly HRIS reports for statistical information and analysis.
- Partnering closely with the Accounting/Payroll department to ensure accurate and timely transmission of data
- Assist the HR team’s ongoing administration of benefits and work closely with our benefit brokers, payroll, and plan carriers to ensure plan compliance, employee coverage, and an overall seamless benefits experience for all employees. Process monthly enrollment forms, and monthly ACA reports for hourly and salaried staff.
- Manage employee documentation and filing to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations
- Supporting our social media initiatives and updating various social channels such as Glassdoor, Twitter, LinkedIn as well as bringing new ideas to the table that push our employer branding to the next level
- Performs a wide range of duties relating to the creating and maintenance of employee data and forms, manage employee files in accordance with federal and state employment legislation.
- Coordinate/manage the administration of all Workers’ Compensation/unemployment issues, Affirmative Action, EEO, Discrimination issues.
- Responds to employee questions on policies, benefit offerings and related processes
- Prepares departure paperwork and conducts final meetings with departing employees.
- Schedules on-site visits in the SF, Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma offices.
- Work collaboratively with HR personnel in support of the overall HR strategy; oversees the execution and effectiveness of organization goals and objective for the discipline.
- Maintain high quality HR standards as it relates to HR metrics, implementation of policies and procedures.
A strong candidate for this role has:
- 3+ years experience as a Human Resources Generalist is required. Strong knowledge of HR technical subjects required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with staff. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential – problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to come up with creative solutions
- Working with people is your passion
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships and relationships across all levels of the organization
- Articulate and persuasive communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization qualities
- Takes initiative and has business acumen – sees the big picture and operates with perspective
- Time management expert, comfortable shifting daily from working on projects to urgent requests.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong follow-up and client relationship building skills.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Should be computer literate and have expertise in preparing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits. To be considered for this position you must meet the requirements listed above and must pass a criminal background check. This position is located in San Francisco and does not offer relocation packages.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please submit a comprehensive resume and cover letter to AprilB@jfcs.org and use “HR GENERALIST” as the subject line.