Geriatric Care Manager—Seniors At Home, Marin County
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Seniors At Home, the Geriatric Care Manager provides responsive and comprehensive assessments and services to the older adult population served by JFCS in the Marin region.
The Geriatric Care Manager is an experienced care manager with advanced training in the area of Gerontology and is able to effectively work with seniors and families across a broad socio-economic spectrum, including both low income and high income clients. The Geriatric Care Manager is flexible, customer-service oriented, and highly skilled in working with older adults and their families to improve quality of life, ensure a safe home environment, and planning for future needs.
The Geriatric Care Manager understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to effectively represent the Seniors At Home care management program with prospective clients and families, in order to engage clients and families in service.
- Networks with the professional community in the Marin region by attending local meetings or through targeted outreach in coordination with the SAH Community Outreach team in order to generate new program referrals.
- Responds to all clients and prospective clients promptly and sets up, preferably, a home visit or, if requested by clients or prospective clients, an office visit.
- Implements a thorough assessment in the senior’s home, which includes completing a goal-oriented care plan that is given to the client and his/her family.
- Provides comprehensive, personalized care management services, based on the assessment and the Seniors At Home protocols for service. Provides a range of levels of care management service based on the intensity of client need and client and family preference.
- Provides supportive counseling and other services as required.
- Consistently establishes a strong relationships and excellent rapport with clients, families, referral sources and other community agencies and resources in Marin County in order to facilitate the care management process.
- Uses agency’s electronic record keeping to complete all charting on a weekly basis. Updates care plans on a regular basis in response to changing client needs. Closes case records in a timely fashion, in accordance with the Seniors At Home protocols for service. Complies with all client billing and registration procedures, including accurate timekeeping for program billing purposes.
- Completes other activities as assigned, including participation in special projects.
- Complies with all contract and grant requirements, if indicated.
- MSW with LCSW preferred. B.A. in Gerontology with direct service focus may be substituted.
- Five years of experience providing care management to seniors preferred.
- Ability to form relationships with seniors and their families required.
- Ability to use the computer as a tracking and planning tool.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Car and current driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position with benefits.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Traci Dobronravova at [email protected]. Please use “Geriatric Care Manager-Marin” as your email subject line.