Director of Adoption Connection – San Francisco
Adoption Connection of Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is seeking an experienced Director to oversee the administration and growth of JFCS’ adoption program, Adoption Connection. Renowned as a pioneer and expert in the adoption field, Adoption Connection is a nonsectarian program of JFCS, which has been providing a wide array of highly respected services and programs to the Bay Area community since 1850.
Under the supervision of the JFCS Executive Director, the Director of Adoption Connection will be responsible for leading the clinical services and operations of the adoptions program, including the home study program and all clinical and administrative services to both birth and adoptive parents. The position has oversight over annual planning and budget goals, employee and staff management, program development and compliance with state agencies and quality assurance. The Director adheres to the mission and objectives of JFCS and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources, and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
This position is a good fit for a highly experienced, organized individual who has an ability to manage day to day operations of the program. The applicant should have strong oral and written communication skills and is able to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Adoptive Parent and Birth Parent Services:
- Implements and administers all program components in compliance with program goals and objectives as well as JFCS and other relevant licensing standards
- Oversees the development of program materials, including forms, training and procedural manuals in consultation with other appropriate staff
- Client Education:
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the curriculum for adopting families.
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding webinars, both for the benefit of our current clients and to expand Adoption Connection’s reputation more widely as a leading expert in the field of Adoption.
- Client Materials: Responsible for all program information systems, both paper and digital, that reach and support our work with birth parent and adoptive parent clients.
- Home Study Program:
- Responsible for supervising the Manager of the Home Study Program.
- Signs off on all home studies.
- AAP Program: Responsible for administering Adoption Assistance Program on behalf of adopting parents.
- Service delivery: Ensure current programs are serving the actual needs of our clients, and create new services where applicable to address need and/or increase revenue.
- Policies: Set policies and oversee all clinical services, including arbitrating client grievances.
- Match facilitation: As needed, maintain a small caseload of adoption matches.
- Annual Plans: in coordination with the Executive Director, develops and implements a comprehensive, written, annual business plan that outlines goals, objectives and activities that will deliver stated results.
- Forecasting: Analyzes changes and new trends in the adoption market and recommends adoption program and new revenue stream enhancements as indicated.
- Fiscal Management: Develops long-term and annual program objectives and budgets in coordination with management staff.
- Annual Budget Planning: contributes to annual budget and fiscal planning and the ongoing financial management of the agency. Develops, maintains and implements a capital expenditure and improvement plan in coordination with other senior leaders. Meet JFCS standards for performance, including goals set for services and fees.
- Monthly Budget Management: reviews monthly bills, prepares and delivers budget report to JFCS Finance Department. Closely track all agency expenses and play a lead role in ongoing financial oversight and fiscal year planning.
- Annual Giving Campaign: work with the JFCS’ development department on an annual solicitation, setting goals, defining strategies and implementing annual giving campaign.
- Agency Growth: expands Adoption Connection nationally.
- Policies and Procedures: Maintains and updates procedures, policies, and systems
- Leadership: provides leadership in area of responsibility collaborating with senior leaders on shared tasks and objectives. Represents agency in public in a professional and decorous manner. Attends and participates in internal meetings including Board of Directors meetings and external meetings as directed by the CEO or CFO.
- Quality Assurance: Develops and implements quality assurance plans for services provided and monitors overall quality of care. Meets JFCS standard for performance, including goals set for services and fees
- Compliance: Ensures compliance with State licensing requirements, including maintaining up to date case records and documenting program activities as requested. Keeps agency in good standing with DSS, CAAA and other adoption professional organizations.
- Meets fee income, service goals and bottom line revenue expectations in compliance with the Work Plan and Operating Budget; monitors annual budgets and provides monthly reports of budgetary variances.
- Fees: Recommends fee and rate policies, and monitors implementation.
- Program Development: Oversees the development of program materials, including forms, training and procedural manuals as needed in consultation with other appropriate staff.
- Information Systems: Provides oversight to the program’s information systems, including paper and electronic, insuring that the systems are fully functioning and meet the needs of all division components.
- Staffing: Manages staff recruitment, retention and terminations in coordination with the Associate Director.
- Staff Training:
- Provide supervision and training systems for Caseworkers to ensure consistency of service delivery.
- Provide supervision and training systems and retreats for in-office staff for team building and planning.
- Communicate and ensure compliance and consistency with office practices and policies and compliance with all employment related laws and workplace safety regulations
- Coordination with JFCS: Effectively interface with all levels of the organization to coordinate and oversee all of the people-related and office management activities; ensures compliance with wage laws and OSHA regulations per JFCS policy.
- Masters level degree required in social work or Non- Profit Administration
- Proven experience in managing and growing an adoption program required
- Proven experience providing clinical services to members of the adoption triad
- Experience in directing programs and staff serving birthmothers and adoptive parents required
- Excellent entrepreneurial and problem solving skills required
- 10+ years experience developing and implementing clinical programs in various settings
- Strong commitment to providing responsive services to the community and to establishing excellent rapport with clients, staff and community members
- Strong financial and computer skills required
- Member of the adoption triad preferred
This is a full-time, exempt position with generous benefits. To be considered for this position you must meet the requirements listed above and must pass a criminal background check.
Please submit a comprehensive resume and cover letter to Nancy Masters at : NancyM@jfcs.org. Please use: AC Director as your Subject Title. In your cover letter please describe your specific interest in this position and explain how your experience and skills are applicable.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA and does not offer relocation packages.