Housekeeper / Janitor—Cleanerific, San Francisco
Full-time (40 hours/week) or part-time (20 hours/week)
Department: Cleanerific, a program of JFCS
Location: 2150 Post Street, San Francisco
Reports to: Director of the Cleaning Service
Join our wonderful Cleanerific team! No experience? No problem! We are looking for motivated people to be part of our house and business cleaning service. We will train you.
Cleanerific is a program of Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS), dedicated to providing a true living wage and fully-paid health insurance to our full-time cleaning staff. Our employees tell us that our warm community of cleaners is more like a family then a company.
Full-time housekeepers receive fully paid medical from Kaiser and Chinese Hospital, paid time off, and holiday pay. Eligible part-time housekeepers may receive sick days, San Francisco Health Care Ordinance Benefits (for SF residents), and/or Affordable Care Act Benefits.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Cleans private homes, apartments, and office buildings, including: dusting furniture, cleaning bathrooms and showers, washing tile walls and windows, laundry, vacuuming carpets and furniture, and more.
- Some English skill required—completion of English as a Second Language (ESL) course Level 5 preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Skills and Abilities:
- Reliable and motivated
- Friendly with clients and staff
- Willing to learn and participate in ongoing training
- Team player
- Lift up to 25 lbs and carry 15 lbs up a flight of stairs
- Walk up and down 2 flights of stairs
- Bend forward and be able to twist left and right at the waist, kneel down on one or both knees
- Stand for extended periods of time
JFCS reviews all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an equal opportunity employer.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position with benefits. To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements listed above.
Please send resume to email@example.com and write “Housekeeper / Janitor” in the subject line of your email.