BACK-UP Food Program Driver – Part-Time, San Francisco
An on-call, as needed position. Under the supervision of the Director of Food Programs, the Driver is responsible for insuring that meals are delivered to clients in a timely, safe and efficient manner. The JFCS meal program serves adults and seniors throughout the city of San Francisco, bringing them meals on a daily basis. This position carries out responsibilities in order to fulfill the Agency’s mission, goals and objectives, in compliance with Agency standards for performance. This position is part-time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements delivery routes that maximize the driver’s time.
- Delivers food to clients five days a week and program supplies as needed.
- Insures timely delivery of meals to individuals.
- Collaborates with other JFCS staff to insure that client needs are met.
- Accurately represents the program and the Agency to clients.
- Provides daily feedback to the Food Program Director regarding client status and satisfaction.
- Program assistance and support for JFCS programs as needed (food drives, food bank, pantry assistance).
- Participates in the preventative maintenance schedule for JFCS vehicle.
- Practices safety measures and standard driving procedures.
- Complies with all JFCS standards for performance.
- Strong interest or background in working with seniors and adults with disabilities.
- Current California driver’s license.
- Clean DMV record.
- Strong ability to work independently and use sound judgment.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
- Ability to communicate well with seniors and establish rapport with clients.
- Cooperative, efficient and friendly.
- Interest in working in a social services setting.
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt contract position without benefits.
Please submit a resume to MiriamM@jfcs.org, and use Backup Food Program Driver” as your Subject Line Reference. As we continue our presence within our community, we are hiring remarkable team members willing to go above and beyond.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.