Administrative Assistant/Relief Receptionist—Part-Time, Marin County
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, Marin Region, the Administrative Assistant/ Relief Receptionist is responsible for providing reception and program support to the Marin Region as assigned. The Administrative Assistant /Relief Receptionist understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources and performs all duties in compliance with agency standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs data entry using various applications, including Excel, Microsoft Access, and online systems
- Provides complete reception coverage during staff breaks and vacations, as requested, including facilitating the flow of clients, and others entering and leaving the facility.
- Performs clerical assignments as assigned, including filing, preparation of mailings, assembling materials, creating flyers, photocopying, collating, unpacking supplies, and other related tasks as needed.
- Helps to manage the food pantry, including stocking shelves, unpacking deliveries, assisting clients in using the food pantry, and coordinating donations from regular volunteers
- Covers specific duties of the office manager when during vacations and when requested, including preparing deposits, backup coverage for the JFCS Rides program, and other tasks assigned.
- Provides support for the Parents Place Program, including preparation of information packets, flyers and other materials for workshop leaders and group participants. Processes registrations for participants for the Parents Place Program and assists with Parents Place outreach through social media.
- Works cooperatively with the staff of the Marin region, including assisting other support staff in their task completion as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Exposure to low to moderate noise levels characteristic of working in an office environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and balance diverse demands
- Displays poise, good judgment and keen awareness
- Ability to be sensitive to clients and community
- Ability to pay attention to detail, organize and prioritize varied tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as in cooperation with others, to work effectively under time constraints and to maintain confidentiality
- Interest in working in a social service setting.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Administrative Assistant/Relief Receptionist in your subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.