Director of Home Care
Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) is the oldest non-profit in California and has been assisting residents of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin, and Sonoma Counties since it was founded in 1850. JFCS serves people of all faiths and backgrounds with over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more. We are guided by the Jewish traditions of advancing human dignity for all, community responsibility, intergenerational ties, and repairing the world.
Under the supervision of the Director of Seniors at Home, the Director of Home Care works to meet and exceed the Seniors At Home home care budget and service goals, and is responsible for oversight of recruitment, retention, and management of caregivers and ensuring home care clients are receiving quality services.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
JOB TITLE: Director of Home Care
REPORTS TO: Director of Seniors at Home
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time, with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
- Salary Range: $95,000 – $115,000
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Employer 403(b) retirement match plus additional employer contribution (subject to eligibility)
- Cafeteria plan with medical, dental, vision, FSA, Employer-paid life, and disability insurance
- 16 holidays (10 federal and up to 6 Jewish holidays), annually
- 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave, annually
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In coordination with the Director of Seniors At Home, oversees and manages all aspects of the Home Care program including, development of vision and strategic direction, drive process improvements, lead implementation of strategies, and exercise leadership responsibility over the planning and delivery of home care services to our elderly clients and their families.
- Works to meet and exceed Seniors At Home home care financial and service goals by ensuring that revenue, service productivity and service outcome goals are met, as described within the JFCS Operating Budget and Work Plan and participating in the budget planning and review process.
- Serves as a member of the business development team and participates in marketing and business development activities to promote home care and generate new business. Works to establish performance measures, and priorities to evaluate operations and service. Maximizes internal and external opportunities to facilitate program growth, completes new program development/expansion plans.
- Oversees the recruitment, training, and supervision of the Staffing Coordinators, Home Care Specialists, RN Supervisors, and recruitment and employment staff in compliance with JFCS Private Duty policies and procedures. Proactively manages performance including but not limited to coaching, performance evaluation, corrective actions, and recognition.
- Oversees caregiver pipeline and scheduling to promote optimized use of caregivers and to reduce overtime expenses and increase revenue. Develops strategies for helping Recruiters manage the increasing complexity of talent recruitment, and oversees caregiver recruitment, including the hiring and on-boarding process, as well as participates in recruitment activities. Shares responsibility in the improvement of caregiver database using different resources and creating candidate network.
- Collaborates with the JFCS HR department in counseling caregivers as required to ensure that they are in compliance with agency procedures and practices. Escalates employee-related situations to the HR Director and the Director of Seniors At Home promptly for guidance.
- Crafts, delivers, and monitors training and training programs aligned with Seniors At Home and JFCS to home care staff regarding skills training, safety training, communications skills between caregivers and clients, as well as other topics relevant to caregiver service improvement. Works in collaboration with Director and Associate Director of Seniors At Home in the development of training programs for home care caregiver team and RGP program aides to produce ongoing qualified client support.
- Bachelor’s in business or health administration preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in homecare management or a related program.
- Minimum of two years of experience in employee management and supervision.
- Previous experience in developing/monitoring budgets and business planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information.
- Proven ability to use the computer, including Microsoft Office and database programs.
EXCITED TO APPLY?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status. JFCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.