Graphic Design and Brand Manager
From fires to the pandemic, adoption to end-of-life care, and everything in between, Jewish Family and Children’s Services is a community resource to meet the many challenges individuals and families face. With over 40 programs and services supporting home care for seniors, therapy for children, youth volunteer programs, services for people with disabilities, and so much more.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
JOB TITLE: Graphic Design and Brand Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time with benefits
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
The Graphic Design and Brand Manager creates compelling, branded visual designs for a wide variety of JFCS marketing, programmatic, event, and donor communications materials. This position oversees the production of all JFCS marketing and program collateral, ensures brand consistency across our communications, and advises on keeping our visual identity relevant and fresh.
- Be part of a financially stable nonprofit with a long and rich history
- Be part of a large, multi-faceted organization serving 120,000 people with over 40 programs
- Make positive differences in the lives of thousands of individuals and families we serve each year
- 16 holidays total (Includes 10 federal holidays & up to 6 Jewish holidays each year)
- Employer 403(b) retirement Match and Additional Employer Contribution (Subject to eligibility requirements)
- 3 weeks’ vacation & 2 weeks’ sick time per year
- Cafeteria Plan
- Hybrid work schedule (2 days/week minimum onsite location at JFCS’s HQ SF office)
- Salary Range $75,000 – $80,000
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create designs for digital communications including email newsletters, website graphics, infographics, data visualizations, and social media imagery
- Create and design printed collateral for all JFCS programs including annual reports, brochures, flyers, invitations, donor communications/direct mail appeals, posters, signage, letterhead, business cards, and other materials
- Oversee production of printed materials, including soliciting bids and coordinating production with printer, fulfillment, and mail houses
- Supervise maintenance of inventory of main printed collateral produced for all programs
- Review/art direct design of any materials produced by outside vendors for quality control
- Manage outside vendors when needed
- Establish a look and feel for all JFCS communications that are cohesive, contemporary, and thoughtful Propose concepts internally to the team; bring new and fresh ideas to the table
- Ensure consistent use of JFCS’ brand logos, fonts, colors, style and look/feel across the agency
- Hold the bigger picture of JFCS’ brand and sub-brands; advise leadership on keeping our brands relevant and on opportunities to refine and/or evolve
- Ensure that program staff understand our visual identity guidelines and provide education/training
- Advise and work with project managers on how to convey our messages visually so they are clear, digestible, and meaningful
- Maintain JFCS’ large photo library and digital assets; oversee the organization and use of our online digital asset management (DAM) system
- Select and procure stock photography; create and retouch original images for agency advertising and publication needs
Demonstrated (8 years minimum) experience in graphic design, preferably in an agency or nonprofit organization
Speed and proficiency in designing effective, eye-catching marketing and communications materials
Superior organizational, project, and time management skills; strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign CC, Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, and Acrobat Pro, as well as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and Excel spreadsheets
Strong communication and teamwork skills: the ability to work cooperatively with others and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Deep understanding of branding and applying appropriate brand components to all projects.
Comfortable working on a PC
Commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission, goals, and objectives of the Agency
Filming and/or video editing experience, photography skills, experience working as part of a fundraising/development team preferred
Strong project management skills, able to work with multiple departments and stakeholders and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to work independently and complete projects with a minimum amount of direct supervision
Be flexible and respond to unanticipated projects, assignments, and changes in project content/direction/deadlines at any step in the process
Take direction and be comfortable having work reviewed and edited
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered
EXCITED TO APPLY?
To be considered for this position, you must meet the requirements and competencies listed above. Application materials will be reviewed as they are received, and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
JFCS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.